Taskmaster - TV Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aituk7

Striker
Was recommended off a mate to give this a watch.
Been staying in a hotel all last week due to work and I ended up binging every single episode of all 5 seasons + the 2 specials.

I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for something to watch.

Basic premise Alex Thorne sets 5 comediens (Sometimes tv personalities) tasks across a number of months, hilarity ensues and then Greg Davies rips some of them to shreds.

I think it's available to watch on the UKTV catchup site/channel however it is also available at some other places across the internet ;)

I don't think the clips on youtube do it justice because the camaraderie developed across the shows is genuinely the best thing about it, but you can find some of it on youtube.

Aisling Bea being on it certainly helps as well.
Cos she's funny or fit? She actually takes her kegs off in one episode and walks round in her underwear.
Katherine Ryan was great on it aswell, I didn't actually realise how sinister she was. One ep they had to create the biggest mess they could then tidy it up in 10 mins and she interpretated that as she could make a phone call to her sister saying her husband was caught cheating on her, call her dad saying that her sister was pregnant to another man then after shit hit the fan call them both back and tell them it was all just made up and eveythings fine :lol:

Was recommended off a mate to give this a watch.
Been staying in a hotel all last week due to work and I ended up binging every single episode of all 5 seasons + the 2 specials.

I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for something to watch.

Basic premise Alex Thorne sets 5 comediens (Sometimes tv personalities) tasks across a number of months, hilarity ensues and then Greg Davies rips some of them to shreds.

I think it's available to watch on the UKTV catchup site/channel however it is also available at some other places across the internet ;)

I don't think the clips on youtube do it justice because the camaraderie developed across the shows is genuinely the best thing about it, but you can find some of it on youtube.
You’re highly recommending a program that has been running for 5 series?

Will you be reviewing Breaking Bad next week?

Cos she's funny or fit? She actually takes her kegs off in one episode and walks round in her underwear.
Katherine Ryan was great on it aswell, I didn't actually realise how sinister she was. One ep they had to create the biggest mess they could then tidy it up in 10 mins and she interpretated that as she could make a phone call to her sister saying her husband was caught cheating on her, call her dad saying that her sister was pregnant to another man then after shit hit the fan call them both back and tell them it was all just made up and eveythings fine :lol:

She is funny but very fit

You’re highly recommending a program that has been running for 5 series?

Will you be reviewing Breaking Bad next week?
No because breaking bad is universally famous and taskmaster averaged less than one million viewers an episode and is only watchable on Dave.

But as it's late I will bow to your infinite wisdom... how many series can a show have until I am not allowed to "highly recommend" it anymore?

No because breaking bad is universally famous and taskmaster averaged less than one million viewers an episode and is only watchable on Dave.

But as it's late I will bow to your infinite wisdom... how many series can a show have until I am not allowed to "highly recommend" it anymore?
I was going to say 4, as it’s late I will show a level of leniency and will accept 3.

I look forward to your review of Fawlty Towers.

I was going to say 4, as it’s late I will show a level of leniency and will accept 3.

I look forward to your review of Fawlty Towers.
Thankyou for your input but I am gonna stick to the barometer of recommending things based on the likelihood that someone hasn't seen it as opposed to number of series.

....out of interest.... have you seen Taskmaster?

Thankyou for your input but I am gonna stick to the barometer of recommending things based on the likelihood that someone hasn't seen it as opposed to number of series.

....out of interest.... have you seen Taskmaster?

Yes it’s great, since it’s inception in 2015 have thoroughly enjoyed it. Bob Mortimer’s series was a particular highlight. I’m looking forward to series 6.

Dave is such a difficult channel to access isn’t it? You know, with it being free to air and that.

Yes it’s great, since it’s inception in 2015 have thoroughly enjoyed it. Bob Mortimer’s series was a particular highlight. I’m looking forward to series 6.

Dave is such a difficult channel to access isn’t it? You know, with it being free to air and that.
Mate, it was viewed by less than one million people per ep.... let it go.

There isn't going to be a uk series 6 unfortunately. Apparently Alex Horne has gone off to make an American Version.

That's top quality thinking right there

I've just about finished watching them all too. Series 2 and 3 are the best IMHO. They made series 4 and 5 far too long (8 episodes), was a bit sick of the sight of them all at the end! Except Sally Phillips who's class.

I think Bob is a genius, the pork pie presentation device was a particular favourite (then recycled as a broccoli spinning device later on)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back