Talksport 2 Coverage

Listened to a bit of Talksport this morning before I could be arsed to get up and watch it. Have to say that Gough apart it wasn't as bad as I expected - Atherton and Lloyd are both excellent, although I wish someone would tell Atherton not to tail off towards the end of every sentence. I end up turning the bloody radio up, then Mark Nicholas starts shouting hyperbole at the top of his voice when someone's just played a forward defensive.

Gough is f***ing rancid.

Listened to a bit of Talksport this morning before I could be arsed to get up and watch it. Have to say that Gough apart it wasn't as bad as I expected - Atherton and Lloyd are both excellent, although I wish someone would tell Atherton not to tail off towards the end of every sentence. I end up turning the bloody radio up, then Mark Nicholas starts shouting hyperbole at the top of his voice when someone's just played a forward defensive.

Gough is f***ing rancid.

The coverage is okay. Gough isn't great but clearly knows the game.
Mind some daft fucker at tea yesterday was advocating Bairstow straight back in for Foakes.

Love Ramiz me, vividly remember him pro-ing at South Moor when I was a kid, serious player and cracking bloke. His brother was different gravy mind you.
Have painful memories of playing against Wasim on my Senior League debut back in the '80's.

Got my hand position all wrong trying to stop a cover drive and ended up in A&E with the webbing between thumb and forefinger ripped wide open.

He was great Waz, used to coach me back in the day at the old Greenall's centre (now Rainton Meadows). When the dads used to rib him on how his ability to down a pint correlated against his religion, he'd just shrug and say 'I'm a very bad muslim'!

Saw him have a Red Stripe drinking contest with Kirti Azad - Sunderland's Indian pro - at Ashbrooke. They were both in double figures when I left to meet my mates in the town.

No idea how it ended up.

Gough is f***ing rancid.
I wonder if the bosses at talksport realise that their own professional broadcaster is the weak link in their commentary team. He sounds like a player who has walked into the studio for his first ever interview.

Not as bad as I expected. No adverts and Butcher and Jarrod Kimber are really good.

And even though it's got Gough and Nicholas they're still better than Swann.

7/10.
Yeah, Surprisingly decent. Atherton and Prior are good additions. Gough is the usual nonsense and bluster but overall it's not terrible

Sounds like it was alright? Might give it a go as the TV commentary (presumably shared with SL TV) is poor when Bumble or Athers aren't on. Shame Nasser or Key didn't stay for the Tests rather than Ward

Listening to talksport the other day and mickey gray was on, flicked over to see how the cricket was going and I thought he was commentating on that too.
It was Batty, anyone else think they sound similar?
Probably just me so coat on :neutral:

I can listen to most people talk about cricket all day to be fair, I am sad like that, only a few I can't manage

I don't like Vaughan but I like listening to him too when he isn't trying to cause headlines.

Gough is borderline for me too.

Have only listened to a bit and I don’t love it

One of the Sri Lankan commentators wouldn’t even describe what happens

“Anderson comes into bowl and it’s played off the hip”

And? Any runs?

Booked my piss

Back