Taking things back to a shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

box2box

Striker
Whrn not happy with them, bought a pair of shoes and after 3/4 months part of the heel is coming off, would a shop replace if I took them back. £100 rockport work shoe in question....

Probably would need to be sent back to manufacturer to prove they were faulty. I had similar with a pair of trainers that split after about 2 months & thats what shop told me. In the end i couldnt be arsed & opted with an amature self half fix

Whrn not happy with them, bought a pair of shoes and after 3/4 months part of the heel is coming off, would a shop replace if I took them back. £100 rockport work shoe in question....
It all depends on whether you should reasonably expect a pair of shoes to last longer than 4 months. If you would then that is the argument to take. Don’t let them fob you off with “oh we’ll need to send them to the manufacturer”, your contract is with them. They are due you a replacement or at least a repair.

I took some work shoes back after 6 weeks as they were falling to bits and they replaced them straight away. If your paying good money for a pair of shoes that should last and they don't then they are faulty and not fit for purpose.

If you have the receipt you can either get your money back, or request a new pair. If you don’t have the receipt the shop is under no legal obligation to refund you, but in practice most will offer either a replacement or a credit note.

Worn them no more than a hundred times , take them back and politely ask for a replacement pair or a refund.

Contract is with the shop and it is them who should resolve the issue , sending them back to the manufacturer is of no concern to you and only clouds the issue.

Stand your ground ( bare footed if necessary) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back