Takeover Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like the Red Bull way of scouting and signing up on good money the best up and coming young players on long contracts. If we get some investment money I’d like this to happen rather than our previous investment in ‘seasoned’ pro’s who generally decline after a year or two then we can’t get rid of.
It's how she be doing it marra. It doesn't happen over night though. A lot of people lost patience with Donald after just 12 months. If an investor comes in who is pretty wealthy, people will expect signings from the top end of the market straight away. It's how the game is now I suppose.

Aye it's the most immediate problem. If the Club wants to get promoted we need to get a couple of decent players in before September. New investment will be very welcome but its not going to take a billionaire to do that nor will it put the club in to catastrophic debt. Besides I don't think that many of the current squad could sustain the Club in the Championship should we get there. It would be very short sighted to start trying to build a Championship squad from almost scratch after promotion we need a sounder foundation of players than we have now .
Totally agree, this squad would struggle badly in the Championship. Really thought a decent LB would have been brought in by now, fingers crossed next 2/3 days.

Totally agree, this squad would struggle badly in the Championship. Really thought a decent LB would have been brought in by now, fingers crossed next 2/3 days.
The vast majority of this squad are out of contract next summer. If we go up I reckon we'll look very different next season. How different depends on if we do get investment I suppose.

The blokes a journalist, now I'm not saying this is true however when would a journalist reveal his source?
Yes, or it would stop being a source, however, a journalist saying it's a rumour makes it even less believable as they usually print rumours as though they are facts!

Yes, or it would stop being a source, however, a journalist saying it's a rumour makes it even less believable as they usually print rumours as though they are facts!
And people are just discussing it. Some hoping it's true but very doubtful it is, some speculating who it might be, some just thinking it's bullshit.

Nowt wrong with a speculative thread

The vast majority of this squad are out of contract next summer. If we go up I reckon we'll look very different next season. How different depends on if we do get investment I suppose.
I agree but we need a couple of more players who have had Championship experience now. Don't forget we said goodbye to a couple who did have over this summer who had we been promoted in May would have helped provide a bit of a foundation. It would be silly to try and cobble together almost an entire Championship squad over a closed season

And people are just discussing it. Some hoping it's true but very doubtful it is, some speculating who it might be, some just thinking it's bullshit.

Nowt wrong with a speculative thread
Yes, I was just discussing it by putting it in perspective. Meanwhile, back in the real world, we need a left back!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back