Takeover News/Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lads , KLD will not get involved in the day to day running of your club , - he and his Mother dropped L'OM
Like a hot potato upon the démise of Husband/Son

The word here is , their gone, fuck off and don't come back - they won't either - but they do wish you the best of luck, as a club
Wide of the mark there mate, hot potatoe??, she took responsibility of OM in 2009 after the death of her husband. She sold the the major part of her shares in 2016 after they were fighting relegation and after sexist insults from the Yankees at the game v Bordeaux and a lack of top signings to change the situation, Steven Fletcher (your namesake) was never going to change things. Yankees are about the same level of intelligence as the Mags and love their insults and banderoles, are you a Yankee mate?

I get what you're saying, that nothing concrete exists and I agree that until it does, it's all speculation.

But I'm saying that the way this has been characterised by the press so far doesn't stack up with Methven retaining significant influence.

Both of those things can be true.

I wouldnt trust any of these b*stards as far as i could throw them. Our default position should be not to trust any of this until given solid evidence to the contrary. Theyve been stringing us along with this sh*te for the best part of a year and even then its looking like they are hanging around like a bad smell. They don't give a sh*t about the damage they have inflicted and are still inflicting on the club.

People are seeing in the structure what they want to see. The odd assumption they make is that Donald actually wants to be involved in running the club. Personally, I don't think he wants anything more to do with that side of things; he simply wants a stake so he can squeeze a bit more cash at the end of the day. CM might want to be involved, but whether or not that happens is not within his control. If Dreyfus wants to ignore him, there's nothing he can do about it.

Unless it was put in the deal for him to have a voice .

He's a big football fan, and just as likely to do that irrespective of his influence at the club. And there are plenty on this forum who would agree with more of that approach. He was also part of the group that put together the initial bailout idea, which would benefit all clubs lower down the pyramid.

The problem with CM is not necessarily what he does (he does have some good ideas), but in the way that he does it. He'll never be less than a Marmite figure. And it's entirely down to his education. All private schools, including the old direct grant schools, try to instil as much self-confidence into their pupils as possible. I remember a conversation I once had with the deputy head of the RGS when I was a pupil there. He said that there was always a risk of that self-confidence spilling over into arrogance, but that that was a better risk to take than a pupil becoming a shrinking violet.

I've come across many Etonians, and many more people who've been through private schools. Very few are self-effacing, but it's only a minority who are outright arrogant. And in the NE, projecting yourself as superior is a bit dumb. I've been accused on here of being patronising - in some cases, it's a fair cop, but that's just a watered down version of the same thing. If you're told throughout your entire adolescence that you're part of an elite, it's hardly surprising if you end up believing you are.
As one of his good ideas was appointing Parkinson, I would beg to differ.

The man is clueless when it comes to football.

You know what.. I'm not overly concerned about us doing a 'Leicester' or a 'Man City'. Just want a club/team to be proud of again. An ownership that wants the best for the club first and if it helps line the pockets of a few then fine.
Weve won nothing (of real note) in the past few years but have some amazing memories of watching this club in the late nineties to early 00s. Just to have something like that again would be canny.

With maybes a european outing just once in my lifetime that Id remember!! :)

As one of his good ideas was appointing Parkinson, I would beg to differ.

The man is clueless when it comes to football.

id say given his background and based on what I’ve seen of his “performance” here there’s a fair chance he’s clueless full stop but like most of his class he’s managed to keep failing upwards.

I would argue the arrogance comes as much from knowing your failures don’t ever come with real consequences as from some Toff teacher telling you you’re a gifted little prince among men.

People are seeing in the structure what they want to see. The odd assumption they make is that Donald actually wants to be involved in running the club. Personally, I don't think he wants anything more to do with that side of things; he simply wants a stake so he can squeeze a bit more cash at the end of the day. CM might want to be involved, but whether or not that happens is not within his control. If Dreyfus wants to ignore him, there's nothing he can do about it.
But you are making assumptions too

You know what.. I'm not overly concerned about us doing a 'Leicester' or a 'Man City'. Just want a club/team to be proud of again. An ownership that wants the best for the club first and if it helps line the pockets of a few then fine.
Weve won nothing (of real note) in the past few years but have some amazing memories of watching this club in the late nineties to early 00s. Just to have something like that again would be canny.

With maybes a european outing just once in my lifetime that Id remember!! :)

100%

I’ve said before on here that as a set of fans, we’re very forgiving and easy to please, contrary to popular belief.

We want to see owners that have a clear plan and try their best to implement it by putting good people in place to give us a team we can be proud of.

Not too much to ask, is it?

id say given his background and based on what I’ve seen of his “performance” here there’s a fair chance he’s clueless full stop but like most of his class he’s managed to keep failing upwards.

I would argue the arrogance comes as much from knowing your failures don’t ever come with real consequences as from some Toff teacher telling you you’re a gifted little prince among men.
Good Post that. Spot on. Although if Methven does show his face at games again I'd give him 10/10 for bottle. I don't know a single fan who goes regularly who doesn't despite the narcissistic parasite now. People like him are never blessed with much self-awareness in my experience by being so inoculated from reality so we shall see. Ditto with Donald. It was my mate who was on the top of the van at Oxford and he said he didn't think Donald would have dared attend even his most local of fixtures if he thought there would be fans there. Pretty much everyone has seen through their charlantry by now. It's one thing to Rob someone's house but something entirely different to return to the scene of the crime to gloat.

He's a big football fan, and just as likely to do that irrespective of his influence at the club. And there are plenty on this forum who would agree with more of that approach. He was also part of the group that put together the initial bailout idea, which would benefit all clubs lower down the pyramid.

The problem with CM is not necessarily what he does (he does have some good ideas), but in the way that he does it. He'll never be less than a Marmite figure. And it's entirely down to his education. All private schools, including the old direct grant schools, try to instil as much self-confidence into their pupils as possible. I remember a conversation I once had with the deputy head of the RGS when I was a pupil there. He said that there was always a risk of that self-confidence spilling over into arrogance, but that that was a better risk to take than a pupil becoming a shrinking violet.

I've come across many Etonians, and many more people who've been through private schools. Very few are self-effacing, but it's only a minority who are outright arrogant. And in the NE, projecting yourself as superior is a bit dumb. I've been accused on here of being patronising - in some cases, it's a fair cop, but that's just a watered down version of the same thing. If you're told throughout your entire adolescence that you're part of an elite, it's hardly surprising if you end up believing you are.
The bloke is an idiot. Pined for Parkinson and claimed he kept Colchester up.

He might like football but he’s clearly absolutely clueless about it.

Wide of the mark there mate, hot potatoe??, she took responsibility of OM in 2009 after the death of her husband. She sold the the major part of her shares in 2016 after they were fighting relegation and after sexist insults from the Yankees at the game v Bordeaux and a lack of top signings to change the situation, Steven Fletcher (your namesake) was never going to change things. Yankees are about the same level of intelligence as the Mags and love their insults and banderoles, are you a Yankee mate?
Whats a Yankee mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back