Takeover Hong Kong consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have had launderette owners before ... we won the cup

It’s got strip the club of assets and put it in debt written all over it.

The striping the club of its assets has already been done if you believe people on here.

Careful what you wish for. People saying SD wouldn’t sell to them. Of course he would, what does he owe us now after the way we have gone on.

you mean turning up in our droves and backing the manager and team?

Wasn't sure about about using the language 'we', but that is what it is really. The statements sent by RAWA and RR were taken that way as a representation of us all and would only cause resentment in any owner imo. Not dialogue. If you are not wanted you get shot asap, which I guess is the process that is happening now.

My view is that we have incredible fans and am supremely proud of the numbers that follow SAFC through thick and thin.

Couple of things. Firstly we don't know if this group are at all dodgy. I mean, the bloke named was involved with the Birmingham owners who are obviously disliked but I've not seen his name linked to anything specific and he left quite quickly. What really matters is who the consortium members are and, with nothing to go on, we just have to wait and see what happens, they might be perfectly okay.

Another thing, I've seen a few posts criticising the fans group/ fanzines, almost saying if the group are dodgy then they've brought it on with the statement etc. Sorry like but if Donald is the type to get the hump about a statement and sell us to a group who aren't in it for the right reasons (which like I say it's too early to tell in this case, especially as we don't even know if they're bidding) then he was obviously totally unsuitable to be here in the first place. As it happens I think Donald will do what he thinks is right for the club as long as his price is also met, but if he doesn't it says a lot more about him than it would about the fans groups and would make me worry about what else had been going on, I'd be glad they told him to leave when they did. Just need to wait and see really.

I am still unconvinced that any sale will go through or even a bid accepted until it becomes absolutely clear whether we will be spending next season in League One or the Championship

Its fairly reasonable to assume that Donald wants the best price he can get for the Club. Obviously he can get that if he is puts a Championship club on the market so it has got to be in his interest to see where we end up especially as there are now only nine weeks to go. He's bound to get a few more bids for it if we are promoted and he is going to want to be in a position to look at them should the opportunity arise.

I suspect then that he is only going to sell when our fate whatever it turns out to be is sealed. Lose a few games of course and and we won't even have to wait nine weeks to find out but there is a very good prospect now that we will at least end up in the play-offs.

I am still unconvinced that any sale will go through or even a bid accepted until it becomes absolutely clear whether we will be spending next season in League One or the Championship

Its fairly reasonable to assume that Donald wants the best price he can get for the Club. Obviously he can get that if he is puts a Championship club on the market so it has got to be in his interest to see where we end up especially as there are now only nine weeks to go. He's bound to get a few more bids for it if we are promoted and he is going to want to be in a position to look at them should the opportunity arise.

I suspect then that he is only going to sell when our fate whatever it turns out to be is sealed. Lose a few games of course and and we won't even have to wait nine weeks to find out but there is a very good prospect now that we will at least end up in the play-offs.

Pretty much agree with this. Also think he'll be waiting for the second Netflix series. After all it's been widely suggested that FPP partly got interested on the back of season one. This next one will show crowds remaining good, and will showcase the support we can get with the Wembley trips, it certainly won't do him any harm in terms of promoting / selling the club (even if he and Methven don't come out of it looking great). There's pretty much no reason for him to rush into selling now, and with results massively improved there's no real groundswell of the support wanting him out immediately so I doubt he's feeling much pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back