Taboo

Status
Not open for further replies.

How can they determine that it hasn't made money? It's on the bbc so no adverts and dvd hasn't been released yet so can't determine sales. They could say it didn't get as many viewers as they hoped but can't understand the not made any money stuff.

If the beeb can afford an entire channel dedicated to Welsh gibberish then I don't see why they can't manage another series of this.

How can they determine that it hasn't made money? It's on the bbc so no adverts and dvd hasn't been released yet so can't determine sales. They could say it didn't get as many viewers as they hoped but can't understand the not made any money stuff.
It's made by an independent production company and I'd assume their fee from the beeb is tied into viewing figures

It's made by an independent production company and I'd assume their fee from the beeb is tied into viewing figures
Ah right. Maybe Saturday at 9 wasn't the right time slot for it. Think people are looking for something a bit lighter on a Saturday night! I really enjoyed it. Hope it comes back.

If you look at the accounts linked earlier, https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/...EOQK2mqlJFfMJIwbW_tURrOr3JOx0/application-pdf they were from accounting year ending 2016 and the £8 million was in their as production funding so I guess the fees were already agreed for the BBC deal. They also show Hardy got paid £240,000 for his services as an actor and £67,870 for "other fees"

If you look at the accounts linked earlier, https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/...EOQK2mqlJFfMJIwbW_tURrOr3JOx0/application-pdf they were from accounting year ending 2016 and the £8 million was in their as production funding so I guess the fees were already agreed for the BBC deal. They also show Hardy got paid £240,000 for his services as an actor and £67,870 for "other fees"

seems like a great business, if I had a spare few million I'd buy in no problem

Ah right. Maybe Saturday at 9 wasn't the right time slot for it. Think people are looking for something a bit lighter on a Saturday night! I really enjoyed it. Hope it comes back.
Just watched the first three episodes last night. Very good. I'll watch the rest tonight. Hope they do a second season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back