T20 World Cup thread 🇦🇪 World🏆

Conform to what? A message of racial equality? The woke bastards
Conform to taking a Knee as your told too do it not that you believe in it and the reasons for it. As i said though if its due to him being racist then its a different story and he shouldn't be playing for his country anyway.

Conform to taking a Knee as your told too do it not that you believe in it and the reasons for it. As i said though if its due to him being racist then its a different story and he shouldn't be playing for his country anyway.
What is there even to believe in? He comes from a deeply fractured country racially. What can anyone even disagree with? Apart from the childish “I shouldn’t be forced to do something so I’m not doing it”

There is plenty of South Africans on Twitter,Facebook etc slagging csa off even calling them racist toward whites (not much comments) I think a statement from csa and the player are needed on this one so we can get to the bottom
Of it as at the moment it’s all
A guess game
I think the issues in South Africa are much bigger than any of us understand and I’m not sure what good it does to force people into conforming to ideologies, whether they are “good” or “not so good”. All they’ve done is create larger divides than previously existed and goes completely against the anti-discrimination message
What is there even to believe in? He comes from a deeply fractured country racially. What can anyone even disagree with? Apart from the childish “I shouldn’t be forced to do something so I’m not doing it”
I really don’t think you know the first thing about South African culture to comment. A 5 minute google search shows it is so incredibly complex that your generalisations are foolish tbh

I think the issues in South Africa are much bigger than any of us understand and I’m not sure what good it does to force people into conforming to ideologies, whether they are “good” or “not so good”. All they’ve done is create larger divides than previously existed and goes completely against the anti-discrimination message

I really don’t think you know the first thing about South African culture to comment. A 5 minute google search shows it is so incredibly complex that your generalisations are foolish tbh
I’ll hold you to the same standard on virtually everything then. Because you’re famously clueless on most topics

That's your opinion which you're entitled to as an adult just as the player is entitled to his view as an adult. If he doesn't want to take a knee he doesn't have to and certainly doesn't have to justify such a decision. Well done to him
Wow!

So now we actually saying well done to him!!!
Well that’s it, the point to me is why wouldn’t you do it?

I am confused what possible valid/sensible reason a person would have for not doing it.

And I am equally confused some well at least one poster is actually saying well done for not doing it!!

Last edited:
I think as adults we all capable of making our own decisions.

The question is whether as adults we make the right decision!
Look at the article the reporter saying he is not racist and explains his reasons looks like a problem between the player and CSA which should have been ironed out before the first match. It screams more of it’s my ball and I’m going home than am a racist or is the reporter and a friend of the player wrong too.

I have also stated the knee is a token gesture now it had impact but it doesn’t now, my nephew had a knife pulled out on him because he is black which kills me that he’s had to put up with that in 2021!

I want to see more action from the government, the police the services etc. Not token gestures by sportsman. Which from this do they actually all believe in it or are they all just doing as they told so they can cash their cheques?

Last edited:
I'm kind of with him here, although I can't see why he would choose to die on this hill.

Kneeling or not kneeling was a choice, then on the eve of a World Cup game they change the mandate and state everyone is forced to kneel down. Now whilst I fully support the protest, I don't see how mandating that everyone has to kneel down is achieving anything. In fact, all CSA have done here is give ammunition to the fuckwits who bleat on about Marxism and wokeness.

I have no idea if De Kock is a dickhead or not, and that's not really the point anyway.

Look at the article the reporter saying he is not racist and explains his reasons looks like a problem between the player and CSA which should have been ironed out before the first match. It screams more of it’s my ball and I’m going home than am a racist or is the reporter and a friend of the player wrong too.

I have also stated the knee is a token gesture now it had impact but it doesn’t now, my nephew had a knife pulled out on him because he is black which kills me that he’s had to put up with that in 2021!

I want to see more action from the government, the police the services etc. Not token gestures by sportsman. Which from this do they actually all believe in it or are they all just doing as they told so they can cash their cheques?
It’s the bigger picture mate that he is totally ignorant off imo.

Of course you are right more action needs to be done by governments and whether the knee is a token gesture or not I find it extremely disappointing in this day and age a South African sportsman would refuse to do it.

I have read the article and I am not for one minute saying he is a racist as don’t know the bloke from Adam.

The fact he may have not have done it just because he was told too I find very weak argument.

Last edited:
It’s the bigger picture mate that he is totally ignorant off imo.

Of course you are right more action needs to be done by governments and whether the knee is a token gesture or not I find it extremely disappointing in this day and age a South African sportsman would refuse to do it.

I have read the article and I am not for one minute saying he is a racist as don’t know the bloke from Adam.

The fact he may have not have done it just because he was told too I find very weak argument.
I think csa need a statement out on this obviously problems between Quentin and CSA and until 1 or both of them address it’s all what ifs or buts, South Africa is a very different country to the majority of the world when it comes to racism this could open up a huge can of worms.

from the article I don’t think this is new between the two abs csa and the lad need to settle their differences or cut all ties.

I think csa need a statement out on this obviously problems between Quentin and CSA and until 1 or both of them address it’s all what ifs or buts, South Africa is a very different country to the majority of the world when it comes to racism this could open up a huge can of worms.

from the article I don’t think this is new between the two abs csa and the lad need to settle their differences or cut all ties.
Possibly, but I still struggle massively to understand why he would not.

If it is because he is been stubborn as doesn’t like been told he had to do it

Me personally I find that argument like I say weak as fuck and totally missing the bigger picture behind the movement.

That’s just my opinion others may see it differently.

Back