T20 World Cup thread 🇦🇪 World🏆

I agree here we are not in a dictatorship so he should be entitled to his opinion
Only if you are completely devoid of historical and present socio-political context. If you don't understand why this is such a massive issue for South African cricket then you need to read up on it. Anyway, he's perfectly entitled to his opinion - but it doesn't mean everyone has to listen to it.

Only if you are completely devoid of historical and present socio-political context. If you don't understand why this is such a massive issue for South African cricket then you need to read up on it. Anyway, he's perfectly entitled to his opinion - but it doesn't mean everyone has to listen to it.
It’s a massive issue not just for SA Cricket, but SA in general.

It’s ignorant beyond belief on his part

Give it its own thread then simple to start one this ones about the cricket in the World Cup it isn’t hard to start a new thread directly aimed at him, I have said for months the knee has ran its cause and we need something new I’ve also stated I come from a mixed race background so I understand racism a lot. I feel this post about him should have it’s own thread away from us watching the cricket and enjoying the World Cup. Like Vaughan has his own topic sure this lad can have his own or even South Africa in general

Last edited:
Not sure about this one, I don't like the idea of forcing anyone to do anything.

If he's pulled out because of the optics of not doing it and he doesn't want the controversy, then fine. If he's pulled out because he would have forced into doing it, not fine.

I'm always surprised at anyone having a problem with it though, I'm doubly surprised a South African wouldn't understand the significant of being seen to support racism.

New Zealand v Pakistan. Two very watchable teams (plus I’ve got a fiver at 7/1 to win outright….yeah, I know….big spender!)
Gough and Kettleborough. Two very good umpires.

This should be good.

de Kock not playing for refusing to take the knee?
Really strange decision, he has played in multiracial teams, so what is his problem. Still a young lad who has probably turned his back on a pretty lucrative international career. He could argue that taking the knee, serves no useful purpose, or is simply gesture politics, but to refuse on "personal grounds", leaves him wide open to charges of racism, which will not only end his international career, but probably his professional career as well.

Back