T20 World Cup thread 🇦🇪 World🏆

I agree it’s all about the toss but is it the conditions or is it the format?

The format is so short that it naturally favours the team chasing? I enjoy the spectacle and the big hitting buy it doesn’t come across as balanced.
Seems to be more balanced over here in the Blast and internationals so I'd definitely say its the conditions

I agree it’s all about the toss but is it the conditions or is it the format?

The format is so short that it naturally favours the team chasing? I enjoy the spectacle and the big hitting buy it doesn’t come across as balanced.

Will always be a slight advantage to chasing save for some extreme conditions. Not enough for it to be a foregone conclusion like it has been this tournament

It can’t all be put on the toss mind. NZ were 40/1 off 8, and Guptill ended on 28 off 35.

If they’d gone harder and successfully gambled on getting an extra 20 runs it would have been a different chase for the Aussies.

It can’t all be put on the toss mind. NZ were 40/1 off 8, and Guptill ended on 28 off 35.

If they’d gone harder and successfully gambled on getting an extra 20 runs it would have been a different chase for the Aussies.

More down to the way they play. They were 45/2 after 8 on Wednesday. Won comfortably

Been shown throughout the entire tournament.

The team bowling first gets more grip from the pitch. So the slower balls from the seamers and spinners can just restrict teams.

Makes the pitch look a different wicket.

Back