Middlesex v @TheRey Surrey

looks very overcast at lords. Middlesex won the toss and bowl

northants v worcester

Gloucester v Somerset

derby v leicester

Hampshire v Essex

streams on their club sites

Last edited:
Adverts on Channel 4 (during the England v Italy match) for the 16.4 today, a tournament which starts in two months. Not a mention anywhere of the Blast, happening now.

It's an utter disgrace, I despise the ECB and this shite tournament that they're forcing upon us.

It’s criminal what’s happened like

I hope Harrison's replacement sees sense and does something about this.

When I think of how much money the ECB have thrown into this 16.4 nonsense. They could havevused it to make the Blast a huge success.

It's an ego trip. ECB were first with T20 and they got pissed off that India and Australia made it a huge success. Now they probably think 16 4 is going to be the envy of the cricketing world. Truth is they're probably too bust laughing at this. Let's see how successful this is 2 or 3 years on when the novelty wears off.

anyone see this, ridiculous, worth watching at the end for an absolutely superb display behind the stumps by James Bracey, he got so much unfair stick for his keeping during that test match he played

anyone see this, ridiculous, worth watching at the end for an absolutely superb display behind the stumps by James Bracey, he got so much unfair stick for his keeping during that test match he played
He was pretty poor that series mind, just one of them isn't it. Probably not a bad player but wrong place wrong time to have an absolute shocker.

A lot of deserved stick as well, he had an absolute nightmare. Can happen to anyone of course.

Mad end to that game. That and the Durham/Lancs game further confirm what I've said all along.... T20 is better when there's something in it for the bowlers and the scores are lower. The more they churn out flat decks and scores of 200+, the duller it gets.

When I think of how much money the ECB have thrown into this 16.4 nonsense. They could havevused it to make the Blast a huge success.

It's an ego trip. ECB were first with T20 and they got pissed off that India and Australia made it a huge success. Now they probably think 16 4 is going to be the envy of the cricketing world. Truth is they're probably too bust laughing at this. Let's see how successful this is 2 or 3 years on when the novelty wears off.
The Blast was a huge success. If they'd stop dicking around with it they could have the world's best tournament on their hands. But we know why they can't allow that.

Last edited:
Mad end to that game. That and the Durham/Lancs game further confirm what I've said all along.... T20 is better when there's something in it for the bowlers and the scores are lower. The more they churn out flat decks and scores of 200+, the duller it gets.
Agree 100% with this. For all I wanted Durham to win last night it was brilliant watching someone like Gleason being rewarded for pace bowling and every run was vital.

The fact that the ECB are advertising cricket on a football night to try and attract new fans is a good thing (and 15 years too late due to the previous knackers in situ).

We shouldn’t lose sight of that, although I can’t argue with the obvious favouritism of the Hundred over the Blast.

Back