Sydney bushfires

Status
Not open for further replies.
People being advised to stay in shopping centres

The photos in that article are dreadful. (scenes)

I got sent some photos from central Sydney and Bondi last week and although there are no fires there (yet, hopefully), the air is thick laden with ash (whatever), so dull but very hot.

We just got back from Perth and there were a couple of small fires broke out in the north of the Swan Valley, we saw the smoke in the distance when we were out on a little drive out, but they got them under control pretty quickly. When we were out there, the temperatures were already hitting pretty high levels given it's still only spring, so it could be a long hot summer ahead which can only raise the stakes as it's been a pretty dry winter overall.

Got home to lovely flood scenes on the racecourse in Worcester, like a private lake. I like the UK weather.

It could always be climate change Harry ...

That is a catch all for anything. It may be but I doubt it.
The climate is changing and that change is fuelling fire. Drier, hotter and windier conditions. I'm no expert myself on the causes so I'm happy to defer to those who are. And they are pretty much all saying it's climate change.

Current mob in government are very much in the pocket of fossil fuel guzzling business though.

It gets the blame for everything.

Last edited:
The photos in that article are dreadful. (scenes)

I got sent some photos from central Sydney and Bondi last week and although there are no fires there (yet, hopefully), the air is thick laden with ash (whatever), so dull but very hot.
Well there's a fair amount of urban area surrounding Bondi on three sides and the sea on the other so doubt the bushfire will make it there. There's a huge bushfire north west of Sydney at the moment. In the Wollemi national park. It was looking dodgy for a place I used to camp last week but appears to not be heading that way now. But it's sending it's smoke out over Sydney at the moment.
That is a catch all for anything. It may be but I doubt it.

It gets the blame for everything.
I'll pay more attention to the opinion of experts if that's OK mate?

Last edited:
we saw the smoke in the distance when we were out on a little drive out, but they got them under control pretty quickly.
Could this be a factor? Getting fires under control pretty quickly means that natural clearing of the Bush isn't taking place and eventually a big one will happen. Or it could be climate change.

Could this be a factor? Getting fires under control pretty quickly means that natural clearing of the Bush isn't taking place and eventually a big one will happen. Or it could be climate change.
The experts say that because they get longer seasons of dry hot weather now they do not get as much of a chance in the cooler times to burn off and manage it. So yes, they are not burning off and managing it as they want to but that's because the climate is changing.

The experts say that because they get longer seasons of dry hot weather now they do not get as much of a chance in the cooler times to burn off and manage it. So yes, they are not burning off and managing it as they want to but that's because the climate is changing.
Fair enough.

Really poor air quality this morning and there’s only one fire atm. It’s going to around 36 degC today so no doubt it will get worse as the day goes on with a high risk of more fires
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Absolutely horrendous. Town of Mogo on NSW south coast totally devastated. People have escaped to beaches and told to bring things that can fan off embers.

A fire has gone out of control in Greystanes in Sydneys west. 30kms from Sydney CBD. Quite close to home for the politicians.

Theres so many fires raging across the whole country.

Absolutely horrendous. Town of Mogo on NSW south coast totally devastated. People have escaped to beaches and told to bring things that can fan off embers.

A fire has gone out of control in Greystanes in Sydneys west. 30kms from Sydney CBD. Quite close to home for the politicians.

Is your Prime Minister still determined to outlaw climate change protesters?

It is frightening. Literally backed into the sea by the fire!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back