Sycamore Gap DNAT

It's not 100% clear what has happened yet. My brother in-law is a tree surgeon in the area and there now. His lass works at the shop nearby and it does look like vandalism, but some other suggestions it wasn't safe and has been cut down after the storm. Let's see. My wife uses the imagery in her work all the time so she's canny pissed off!

Very sad whatever the story is.

Landowner will claim it was unsafe after the storm or vandalism, we know the playbook from Groverake and Riddlehamhope Hall.

They don't like photographers on their land at night and there was recently strong aurora with lots of pictures from the gap.
Was thinking similar

Landowner will claim it was unsafe after the storm or vandalism, we know the playbook from Groverake and Riddlehamhope Hall.

They don't like photographers on their land at night and there was recently strong aurora with lots of pictures from the gap.

Who is the landowner? I’ve always assumed (probably wrongly) that the wall and land around it at least in rural stretches are owned by English heritage?

It's not 100% clear what has happened yet. My brother in-law is a tree surgeon in the area and there now. His lass works at the shop nearby and it does look like vandalism, but some other suggestions it wasn't safe and has been cut down after the storm. Let's see. My wife uses the imagery in her work all the time so she's canny pissed off!

Very sad whatever the story is.

I can't imagine that they'd cut it down and let it hit the wall if it was official. Also it would've been taped off.

So some cursory research suggests the land is owned by the National Trust.

Not sure they’re in the business of not liking photographers on their land and clandestinely felling iconic trees in the night.

Again, could be some nuance I’m missing here?
nearby farmer always looked at distain at people walking the route to the tree, can't imagine anyone else would go so far out of their way, chainsaw in hand to chop it down for fun. Hope they are jailed.

Ah right, so you have so cross land owned by someone else to get there.

Back