Supermarket Beers / Lagers

Status
Not open for further replies.

None in not missed it just yet but
Was on tequila rose and cava on Saturday night
Just working way through our bottles

One slight good thing to come out of lockdown is I've sampled a few of these and I declare STEINAUSER the best. Brewed according to the German purity law of 1516. STEINHAUSER

Incorrect.

Aldi 1897 5% lager and it tastes amazing. £3 it batters most of the premium prices stuff.

Would that be the German Beck's (nice) or the pale imitation that we get brewed in Luton?

I'll have to try that. Unfortunately there are no Lidl's near here so might be a while.

Nice Becks. Steinhauser is brewed in Germany as far as I know.

Well my sister has just dropped off a few groceries from Morrisons and I told her to pick up some lager if she could.....3 packs of Morrisons lager is what she's brought me. Seriously don't know whether to laugh or cry WTF.

Could've been worse, my missus brought me 8 cans of brewdog 2 weeks back. Alcohol free

They look exactly the same. She has just had an eye op for a detached retina and cant see properly so I gave her the benefit of the doubt.

I've just rediscovered my love of Faxe.

Beautiful stuff.

Not supermarket, so I'll edit and say the Lidl cider and Pilsner aren't bad.

Last edited:
Would that be the German Beck's (nice) or the pale imitation that we get brewed in Luton?

I'll have to try that. Unfortunately there are no Lidl's near here so might be a while.
I had Becks gold in stuttgart in roughly 2004. Am entitre case iirc. Easiest drinking lager ever bar bit burger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back