Sunniside Food Market - Saturday 24th Feb

Just had a walk around the food market.
Not a great deal of people about, though it might get a bit busier after dinner.
Not rammed but a few more than last time at a similar time. Thoroughly enjoyed me gyros again. Reading thus thread again though, I was gutted when I realised I could've had a microwave curry and pint of Ruddles at Spoons for the same price...

Was down there today, bought some scotch eggs from Yolker which are superb especially the chilli ones. Had a lamb kofta wrap from the Arabic food stall and was quite disappointed with it as there was too many fries in it and not enough meat, wish I’d opted for a burger as they looked tremendous.
The burgers are great, I was stuffed to bits after mine.

There was this stall from Northumberland somewhere who only came once, and their burgers were outrageous. Had one with beef burger, pork, black pudding, egg and god knows what else and I had the meat sweats beyond belief pouching it.

Was down there today, bought some scotch eggs from Yolker which are superb especially the chilli ones. Had a lamb kofta wrap from the Arabic food stall and was quite disappointed with it as there was too many fries in it and not enough meat, wish I’d opted for a burger as they looked tremendous.
Scotch eggs sound superb like, they okay to take away and keep in fridge for day or two or you eat them there?

Assumed it was all just eat as you go type food (which was a stupid assumption, in hindsight). Might have a look round next time it's on, sounds decent judging by this thread.

Scotch eggs sound superb like, they okay to take away and keep in fridge for day or two or you eat them there?

Assumed it was all just eat as you go type food (which was a stupid assumption, in hindsight). Might have a look round next time it's on, sounds decent judging by this thread.
The eggs are okay for a few days, thats if they last that long.

Thanks for the feedback mate. I'll pass that on to Zenobia so they can look to improve.

The burgers are cracking mind.
Yeah, they are eat to go and take home and store.

That's the intention of the market. A bit of a hybrid between a traditional farmers market and a street food pop up.

Trying to create a bit of a destination for Sunniside and something permanent hence the once a month now.

Hope so, that's where mine are.
Just had a walk around the food market.
Not a great deal of people about, though it might get a bit busier after dinner.

It's always been a bit of a slow starter. Gets busy from around 11:30.

Yesterday was decent albeit not rammed. School holidays often have that impact.
Out of curiosity how much does it cost to have a stall down there?

£39 mate. That covers our staffing, marketing and all of the licences we have to apply for.
Is it only 1 day or is all weekend ?
It's the 4th Saturday of EVERY month.

Last edited:
Knew Butchers Coat would be all over this :lol:
I had a meander through yesterday before the match.
The bubble and squeak vendor was fleecing the punters for his Gyros and platters.
And the Arabic bait stall next to it wasn't much better.
The burger stall looked busy, but what the punters were getting seemed a tad pricey in exchange for the merchandise received.
The banger stall seemed to have a "special" on - 2 sausages in a bun for a fiver. :lol:

Still, if people want to part easily with their hard earned dosh for little in the way of return, then that's up to them.

Thanks for the feedback mate. I'll pass that on to Zenobia so they can look to improve.

The burgers are cracking mind.
Yeah, they are eat to go and take home and store.

That's the intention of the market. A bit of a hybrid between a traditional farmers market and a street food pop up.

Trying to create a bit of a destination for Sunniside and something permanent hence the once a month now.

It's always been a bit of a slow starter. Gets busy from around 11:30.

Yesterday was decent albeit not rammed. School holidays often have that impact.

£39 mate. That covers our staffing, marketing and all of the licences we have to apply for.

It's the 4th Saturday of EVERY month.
Keep up the good work 👍🏻

Back