Sunderland Vs Bristol Rovers 5-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

77-78 stuffed them 5 - 1 with the likes of Arnott, Elliot and Greenwood scoring. Adamson manager iirc. Finished 6th, Miles off 3rd place.

78-79 crushed them 5 nil. Just missed out on promotion that season.

Enjoyed that. Thanks to the OP. Robson, Lee and Rowell. Happy Days.
Wayne with a hat trick. Just googled him, his career never really got going.
Was at that match.

Dad used to pay me and my brother in as soon as turnstiles opened and then go to the Fort with my uncle and they would stand next to the police box for the match and pick us up after
you are not Kipper are you?

I went in there for years, then graduated just back a bit behind the stone entrance central, and so on up to the back of the roker end

in the boys bit, I was just to the right post of the goal, looking towards the fulwell end

happy days and to be honest, I can’t remember getting pummelled by bad weather to much, in the open

Last edited:
I went in there for years, then graduated just back a bit behind the stone entrance central, and so on up to the back of the roker end

in the boys bit, I was just to the right post of the goal, looking towards the fulwell end

happy days and to be honest, I can’t remember getting pummelled by bad weather to much, in the open
As we got in as soon as turnstiles opened would be front and centre behind the goal, you’re right mate can’t remember having any real problems with the weather, don’t recall even being cold at this match but so long ago.

Yes then stood just behind the central entrance, then moved to the Fulwell when they cut the RE down, still love seeing pictures of a full RE pre demolition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back