Sunderland voted one of the worst cities to visit

i'd like to know the critera which gives sunderland 16 points for nature and green spaces and newcastle 52 :lol:
and durham 46. manchester gets 3.
To be fair Durham has flass vale within two minutes of the city centre and the Riverside walks are unreal compared to ours. Hopefully that will change with the new bridge development but whilst i like walking along Sunderland wear (when you could) it's more industrial and university/glass centre rather than the Durham wear banks surrounded by trees.
Unless beaches are considered part of green spaces,then Sunderland is immediately at a disadvantage as it’s one of only a few cities which has them.There’s not such a need for green spaces when you have a couple of miles of beach on your doorstep.
I don't agree like. The beach is nice but i far prefer woodlands to walk around. Having both would be ideal. Roker park is class, and i prefer wandering around there than the beach and that's by no means wild. I absolutely love Sunderland, but i loved growing up in Durham city anarl. Flass Vale is lush and I'd love more like that nearby

Last edited:
Not what I said, and not as simple and argument. But yeah go with the article.
I am back in Sunderland every weekend, the article makes no difference to me.

But it's yet another independent survey or report that says our city is shit which prospective tourists will read and not bother coming.

Nothing will ever change while we elect the same people making the same old mistakes.

It's an awful drive into Newcastle from whatever direction. Gateshead and Wallsend for example are very dreary. Newcastle itself is a heavily build up city. I find it a dreadful place to visit from both a driving perspective and a feeling to the place. I suppose it's great if your favourite colour is grey.

Give me a lovely sea front or penshaw for example as a nice backdrop to our city. Fresh air, beach and proper green space not small parks.
This.

Same logic applies to middlesbrough.

I travel around region a fair bit and sunderland, in terms of being a built up area is a nice place. The fact it isnt as big and bustling a place as the other major cities in region is a massive bonus

I am back in Sunderland every weekend, the article makes no difference to me.

But it's yet another independent survey or report that says our city is shit which prospective tourists will read and not bother coming.

Nothing will ever change while we elect the same people making the same old mistakes.
Who do you suggest?

Oh it goes on and on

Should be reported to trading standards as its clearly false advertising

I wouldn't live anywhere else. I've been around a bit and lived in or visited quite a lot of places in the UK. Overall it's Sunderland for me to live in.

Me too - I've worked/lived on the continent and England/Wales/Scotland, the city is going places! At last we can say WDSC!

Who do you suggest?

Who is immaterial, systematically remove any council that fails to improve the city creating a culture of accountability. The number 1 priority should be to create jobs, as that will generate the revenue for everything else.

Back