Sunderland voted one of the worst cities to visit

My point was one of the criteria apparently was green spaces so if you compare Sunderland to say Nottingham or Sheffield it probably would not score as well in that regard.But obviously Nottingham and Sheffield don’t have great beaches unlike Sunderland so therefore the city is at a disadvantage( unless they have counted beaches in with green spaces)🤔
Have been to both Nottingham & Sheffield many times.
Don't think they have a green space, as big as Mowbray Park, in the centre of their Cities ?

Don't think they have a green space, as big as Mowbray Park, in the centre of their Cities ?

Nottingham has

But Sheffield is quite industrial, that said it is only a few mile drive from the peak district

Lived in Sheffield previously. The main area is near the Town Hall which is similar to Keel Square. Think the nearest park is Weston Park which is about a mile away near the University.

It doesn’t have to necessarily be in the centre though does it-the criteria just is green spaces within the city.I just chose those two cities at random as they have no beaches-I could have said Derby and Bradford

Nottingham has

But Sheffield is quite industrial, that said it is only a few mile drive from the peak district
I think Sheffield after Glasgow is the 'greenest' city in the UK (was on some poll or other) I think Sunderland is very green tbh, you can go from Mowbray to Herrington Parks and only have sporadic houses and roads in between and that includes the very edge of the city centre, if you drive over the A19 bridge and look west it's amazing how much trees and greenery there is (Penshaw/Cox Green/Washington) and doesn't include the various riverside walks which unlike Newcastle isn't overly built up, whoever wrote the article if they have been here didn't spend much time researching that's obvious.

Couldn't give a duck. The focus at the minute seems to be on making the city a better place to live for people in the city, or a better option for people who might not live in the city. As someone who's lived in the city too long I'm not against any of that.

I don't care how arbitrarily awful it is to visit because it makes no difference, other than to increase the reach of shitty articles like this.

Couldn't give a duck. The focus at the minute seems to be on making the city a better place to live for people in the city, or a better option for people who might not live in the city. As someone who's lived in the city too long I'm not against any of that.

I don't care how arbitrarily awful it is to visit because it makes no difference, other than to increase the reach of shitty articles like this.
Fuck tourist income

Back