*~*~* Sunderland v Wigan *~*~*

Status
Not open for further replies.

No quality from any player,,,
Shocking,
the squad is fkin terrible,
If the new manager wants to play high pressing and high tempo he needs a new squad
We clearly don't have the players to press for more than 15 minutes. The players are over weight, unfit, have shocking attitudes. The only positive I can think of is most will be gone by the end of the season and we appear to have employed someone who can actually scout and develop footballers

These players are unable to play high press, attacking football.. Johnson needs to make some serious squad changes if he is serious about changing the way we play.. Can't blame him if we currently don't have the squad, but can blame him if he does not try to change it. Give him a chance!

Are we allowed to bring any new players in during January if we don’t move on any existing ones? If so, we are knackered as nobody in their right mind will take any of our shite.
I seem to remember one of the conditions of the bailout was that you couldn't pay fees.

Either way, this whole group needs an overhaul. It's not to say there aren't some good players there, but there's too many cloggers who don't have it.

In the interests of balance, on the basis of today, neither are Power, Scowen, Maguire, Flanagan, Grigg, Graham, MacFadzean, McLaughlin or Embleton.
I thought that Flanagan was one of our least worse players. Power and Scowen also did okay in the first half. But I'm with you, in spirit. This squad is dreadful.

These players are unable to play high press, attacking football.. Johnson needs to make some serious squad changes if he is serious about changing the way we play.. Can't blame him if we currently don't have the squad, but can blame him if he does not try to change it. Give him a chance!
How, with the salary cap we'd literally have to pay players out of their contracts to get new ones in. It's not going to happen in January.

i remember all the old geezers (younger than me now of course) around me in the Clock Stand (before the seats went in) back in the spring of 64 when we scored that last minute goal to guarantee promotion. Everyone reckoned that would be the last promotion we'd ever see or need, that being back in the first division where we had previously been for more than 60-odd years was where we always would stay forever more. Obviously the 55,000 there that day were proven wrong.

How wrong we are seeing by the week now.
And Johnny Crossan was some player.

I haven’t watched a minute of us this season mate- just occasionally nipped into the match thread. He must have been worse than “f***ing dire” then
Lucky you.... it was crap and to be fair it’s systemic the problems we got but for my money he should of been first off

I wasn't gonna admit that I thought this game was a free hit at 3 points but I thought this game was a free hit at 3 points. To lose just didn't even cross my mind! :lol:

Reactions: Boo
I think we'll probably avoid that, but we need to prepare ourselves for another year in this division and a period of rebuilding. Again.
We've got to steel ourselves for just that, Boo. I think this structure can work, if we're patient & give it time. That's a huge if. The owners will have to stand firm because I think flak will fly... but I truly believe this is the right way to go.

i'm pretty much apathetic at the minute. i don't miss many games home and away and perhaps it's all the other shite going on at the minute but i don't really care. whether it's not being there and being able to vent the anger or share the joy i just feel any emotion i don't know?
safc are a huge part of my life and have been for 40 years but i just feel numb towards it all.
apologies for the doom ridden post.

i'm pretty much apathetic at the minute. i don't miss many games home and away and perhaps it's all the other shite going on at the minute but i don't really care. whether it's not being there and being able to vent the anger or share the joy i just feel any emotion i don't know?
safc are a huge part of my life and have been for 40 years but i just feel numb towards it all.
apologies for the doom ridden post.
No apologies needed, we all feel the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back