*** Sunderland v Lincoln Official Match Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wyke offers zero. He is no goal threat whatsoever
The lad the brought on at half time offered more the we get from Wyke and would probably work on our system. Only time I’ve ever seen him like so he could be turd.

Some people have talked themselves into a corner by damning everything about the current regime. I listened to Roker Rapport, complaining. about fielding 7 defenders in recent matches. It was obvious in those matches that the wing backs were pressing high up the field. It was effectively 3 at the back and defensive midfielder. We've had to watch some crap but there is a plan emerging on how we play. I won't be getting carried away but as other teams falter you can see what a scrap it is to get out of this division. We are back in the mix. Consistency is the key . A bit of self belief also goes a long way. Hopefully players will be less frightened of making mistakes especially at home.
Well said. Reading the proclamation, I could only assume the authors knew something I didn't, because it was pretty sketchy in itself. And, quite right, the stuff about the 'defensive substitution' was daft.

If the argument is one error is better than 3 then I’d agree. Not anywhere near the standard we need though to go up

this negative crap isn’t our best formation. Just sussed that other teams are awful, and you can “out awful” them and pick up enough points to get us to the playoffs before we lose

There is no argument?

I know but at least he is improving.

Some of our resident bellends must be utterly gutted tonight.
Take your your faces for a shit
Why would anyone be gutted after a decent win? There’s been a lot of criticism lately and majority of it massively deserved. I’ve been constant in my feelings towards Parkinson but today I was very impressed with our shape and work rate. We actually looked like a team. I’m certainly not gutted, delighted to be proven wrong today.

Proverbial tale of two halves:

First half:

- lincoln were absolutely shocking. surely the worst half of football seen from a visiting side on Wearside for many a year'
- O'Nein and Hume had the run of the field
- their defence resembled the keystone cops on a very good day - absolutely shambolic

Half time:

- their manager told them to press up on O'Nein and Hume
- brought on that massive fuckoff striker

Second half:

- we were pretty poor
- O'Nein and Hume were ineffective;
- PP clearly didnt pick up this change of tactic and did zero to confront it
- their centre forward played well and they duly scored.....
- from what looked like a push on Hume mind

Hands up all those who were waiting for Lincoln to score after 86 minutes and perhaps notch a 92nd minute equaliser having played so poorly?

The performance are getting better and if we keep this up they may well be good enough to get us into the top 6, but lets be clear, this is SAFC we are talking about and it can all revert to type in an instant. Take things for granted at your peril....and for me 57 times bitten 114 times shy.

Long way to go yet.

Proverbial tale of two halves:

First half:

- lincoln were absolutely shocking. surely the worst half of football seen from a visiting side on Wearside for many a year'
- O'Nein and Hume had the run of the field
- their defence resembled the keystone cops on a very good day - absolutely shambolic

Half time:

- their manager told them to press up on O'Nein and Hume
- brought on that massive fuckoff striker

Second half:

- we were pretty poor
- O'Nein and Hume were ineffective;
- PP clearly didnt pick up this change of tactic and did zero to confront it
- their centre forward played well and they duly scored.....
- from what looked like a push on Hume mind

Hands up all those who were waiting for Lincoln to score after 86 minutes and perhaps notch a 92nd minute equaliser having played so poorly?

The performance are getting better and if we keep this up they may well be good enough to get us into the top 6, but lets be clear, this is SAFC we are talking about and it can all revert to type in an instant. Take things for granted at your peril....and for me 57 times bitten 114 times shy.

Long way to go yet.
We would have drawn this with Ross in charge

If the argument is one error is better than 3 then I’d agree. Not anywhere near the standard we need though to go up

this negative crap isn’t our best formation. Just sussed that other teams are awful, and you can “out awful” them and pick up enough points to get us to the playoffs before we lose

Sorry mate but our stats seem to prove otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back