Sunderland 'Til I Die season 3 is going to be awesome

Just finished watching series 3. As others have said, it's very different to the first 2 series. This will be a Sunderland fans' favourite, but neutrals won't be as interested.

The people in it came across fantastically. We had an excellent bunch of players; I really loved the Clarke and Roberts' scenes. It's a really nice reminder of what they were when they came here and that everyone has supported each other. Jack Clarke is a wonderful footballer and might be carrying us at times currently, but we should remember that we helped build him into this footballer. We gave him opportunity and consistency. Gooch is obviously a great man, missed around the club. Neil and Stewart did really well for us too and their efforts shouldn't be forgotten or underappreciated.

Luke O'Nien should never be allowed to leave. What he brings to this club goes way beyond football. He's a tether connecting our football club to it's heart and soul when the sport is becoming evermore a business.

The final scenes were very emotional. I've never met Ian Wake, but he encapsulates the song and the show in those very moments "Sunderland 'til I die". To the very end, this football club is in our hearts alongside our family. The way that our club is the very core of our community and family is what makes it special in my eyes. I wouldn't want the price of success to be the club becoming more corporate and business like.

They say the key to happiness is not to have everything you want, but to want what you already have. I already have the football club that I want.

I'm Sunderland 'til I die!

Seems a few others like me are only seeing it today, match day. I 'binged it' and i've also seen The very successful series on Wrexham.

My feelings are:
- Is there enough about it, to be a seasonal, yearly docu-drama. I would imagine Fullwell73 are thinking the same? Historically, SAFC were 'ahead of the rest' with the excellent "Premier Passions" documentary. Therefor, can a docu-drama about a Football club be interesting/entertaing, to people who don't support the club. I would say it could, if you approach it from a Big Brother/fly on the wall approach. But if not, it's always going to be very niche. So Fullwell73 could film all year round, for internal use, and that would be fine. SAFCTV for SAFC fans, no external promotion. Depends what 'that' side of the business want.
-Media, Barnes and Bennett etc attending a funeral for a fan, I really hope we see a bit more respect to those guys in future.
-players, 09 never! let him leave

Obviously, I enjoyed watching it, wide-eyed, thinking of my dad and other relatives.

I would just say this. I'm 50. We'll all be here next year, we can never leave. Don't expect or demand too much, from our beloved club. Could be worse... Accrington Stanley.

Just finished watching series 3. As others have said, it's very different to the first 2 series. This will be a Sunderland fans' favourite, but neutrals won't be as interested.

The people in it came across fantastically. We had an excellent bunch of players; I really loved the Clarke and Roberts' scenes. It's a really nice reminder of what they were when they came here and that everyone has supported each other. Jack Clarke is a wonderful footballer and might be carrying us at times currently, but we should remember that we helped build him into this footballer. We gave him opportunity and consistency. Gooch is obviously a great man, missed around the club. Neil and Stewart did really well for us too and their efforts shouldn't be forgotten or underappreciated.

Luke O'Nien should never be allowed to leave. What he brings to this club goes way beyond football. He's a tether connecting our football club to it's heart and soul when the sport is becoming evermore a business.

The final scenes were very emotional. I've never met Ian Wake, but he encapsulates the song and the show in those very moments "Sunderland 'til I die". To the very end, this football club is in our hearts alongside our family. The way that our club is the very core of our community and family is what makes it special in my eyes. I wouldn't want the price of success to be the club becoming more corporate and business like.

They say the key to happiness is not to have everything you want, but to want what you already have. I already have the football club that I want.

Was a bit like the Rocky IV training montage when he was building up for a comeback into the team. Just needed Burning Heart belting out in the background.

I said earlier on the thread that I don't think Netflix care about promoting it this time around. We didn't get a trailer until a day or two before the release. It's presumably because there's a million different sports docs now and because they're getting paid a fortune to make one for every other sport that isn't football.

It speaks volumes that the producers have chosen to go on fan podcasts to promote it rather than speak to national newspapers. This series was made for us. I'm pleased they did it.
I live in Glasgow and was at the main shopping centre this morning. There was an add for it on all the digital boards.

Totally agree with everything you've said.

Seems a few others like me are only seeing it today, match day. I 'binged it' and i've also seen The very successful series on Wrexham.

My feelings are:
- Is there enough about it, to be a seasonal, yearly docu-drama. I would imagine Fullwell73 are thinking the same? Historically, SAFC were 'ahead of the rest' with the excellent "Premier Passions" documentary. Therefor, can a docu-drama about a Football club be interesting/entertaing, to people who don't support the club. I would say it could, if you approach it from a Big Brother/fly on the wall approach. But if not, it's always going to be very niche. So Fullwell73 could film all year round, for internal use, and that would be fine. SAFCTV for SAFC fans, no external promotion. Depends what 'that' side of the business want.
-Media, Barnes and Bennett etc attending a funeral for a fan, I really hope we see a bit more respect to those guys in future.
-players, 09 never! let him leave

Obviously, I enjoyed watching it, wide-eyed, thinking of my dad and other relatives.

I would just say this. I'm 50. We'll all be here next year, we can never leave. Don't expect or demand too much, from our beloved club. Could be worse... Accrington Stanley.

I think it was rounded off nicely. The producers got in that you're no longer a basket case of a club off the pitch, things on the pitch were improving, and the ending just seemed to wrap it up nicely. Not sure there'd be much left to do with it now.

We need season 4.....the anti-Christ 666 Bealzebub finale and next seasons ultimate relegation and club sold to William Storey. The club that keeps on giving.....

Just finished it, my daughter came home for my birthday and we waited to watch it together. We werenā€™t disappointed, what a fantastic piece of tv, we were both holding on to our emotions all the way through but that last episode pushed us over the edge. What a deeply emotional ending to a fantastic episode, sums it all up, we are Sunderland til we die. The scenes in the pub after we won and everyone was emotional really hit home, we were the same, we finally did it and afterwards all the years of hurt came out in a tidal wave of emotional joy.
I remember standing at midnight with my daughter looking down on Trafalgar square, taking our last look at our amazing fans celebrate before we tubed to the hotel, that moment will live with us forever, united in sheer happiness.

Last edited:
Just finished it, my daughter came home for my birthday and we waited to watch it together. We werenā€™t disappointed, what a fantastic piece of tv, we were both holding on to our emotions all the way through but that last episode pushed us over the edge. What a deeply emotional ending to a fantastic episode, sums it all up, we are Sunderland til we die. The scenes in the pub after we won and everyone was emotional really hit home, we were the same, we finally did it and afterwards all the years of hurt came out in a tidal wave of emotional joy.
I remember standing at midnight with my daughter looking down on Trafalgar square, taking our last look at our amazing fans celebrate before we tubed to the hotel, that moment will live with us forever, united in sheer happiness.

Superb Mate - I absolutely loved it and was gripped.
I get it, every bit of it.
That last scene, couldnā€™t fight back the grit. Told my Eldest to watch it last night which he did. Looked at his message at 2am this Morning.
He said, ā€œDad Iā€™m sobbing my heart out here.ā€ Gave a very decent account of it, the players etc.
I love the history and traditions around football Clubs and always had a soft spot for the NE. Sunderland have something very special.

You have a great day Mate.šŸ‘

Back