Sunderland music thread

? Never seen you before knowingly
Played there once and unless it's changed it was tiny
Yeah it's a smallish area but honestly we've played smaller! The Dalton Park Inn comes to mind, mic stand pretty much in the middle of the punters!

Conversely we're at the Mill View Club tonight which has a stage like Glastonbury in comparison :D

Yeah it's a smallish area but honestly we've played smaller! The Dalton Park Inn comes to mind, mic stand pretty much in the middle of the punters!

Conversely we're at the Mill View Club tonight which has a stage like Glastonbury in comparison :D
At least at DP you can push outwards .Greens you have main door .Just thinking of you and lights ,some night you just keep them in the van 😁

How did the Millview gig go marra?
Really good mate! We are sometimes unsure if our style will go down well with the older demographic like at the Mill View but it was class. The younger folk were up dancing most of the second set which is always sign of a good gig. They've got us back in April I think then we will probably do another gig with them later next year.

You had a good weekend?

Really good mate! We are sometimes unsure if our style will go down well with the older demographic like at the Mill View but it was class. The younger folk were up dancing most of the second set which is always sign of a good gig. They've got us back in April I think then we will probably do another gig with them later next year.

You had a good weekend?

Sounds promising.
I had an enjoyable weekend except for the Sunderland match but pleased to see SAFC Keroche making the play offs.

You had a good weekend?

What time are you on tonight @ The Voyager?

9pm start tonight mate!

And a cracking night it was too! Me and the other 2 OAPs I was with were seriously impressed - as was the manageress, I gather (2 more bookings and hoping for another 2 if my drink-addled brain remembers correctly). Relentless energy from the off worked up a really good atmosphere and provoked some very entertaining dancing - was great to see all the staff dancing behind the bar. Hopefully the mate who was playing in another pub didn't miss us after we decided to stay put till the end of your set!

Great to meet you - I suspect we'll meet again soon .......

And a cracking night it was too! Me and the other 2 OAPs I was with were seriously impressed - as was the manageress, I gather (2 more bookings and hoping for another 2 if my drink-addled brain remembers correctly). Relentless energy from the off worked up a really good atmosphere and provoked some very entertaining dancing - was great to see all the staff dancing behind the bar. Hopefully the mate who was playing in another pub didn't miss us after we decided to stay put till the end of your set!

Great to meet you - I suspect we'll meet again soon .......
Appreciate you coming down to see us mate! Was great to meet you too. Really enjoyed that gig. Hopefully see you at another one soon!

Anyone going to Waves Festival this Saturday? Lots of local bands on at various venues around the town, good way to support the emerging music scene: Waves at Independent, Sunderland on 6th Nov 2021

Line Up: Ani Sandwith, Badmind, bigfatbig, Casual Threats, Club Paradise, CP Thompson, Elizabeth Liddle , Faye Fantarrow, James Leonard Hewitson, Kay Greyson, Kickin’ Lilies, Leopard Rays, Lottie Willis, Nadedja, noyou, Philth Like, Pit Pony, Point Blanc, Roxy Girls, SQUARMS, Sagaboi, Sophia, This Little Bird, Tipps & Yusuf.

Venues: Independent, The Peacock, The Ship Isis, The Bunker and Live Lounge.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Anyone going to Waves Festival this Saturday? Lots of local bands on at various venues around the town, good way to support the emerging music scene: Waves at Independent, Sunderland on 6th Nov 2021

Line Up: Ani Sandwith, Badmind, bigfatbig, Casual Threats, Club Paradise, CP Thompson, Elizabeth Liddle , Faye Fantarrow, James Leonard Hewitson, Kay Greyson, Kickin’ Lilies, Leopard Rays, Lottie Willis, Nadedja, noyou, Philth Like, Pit Pony, Point Blanc, Roxy Girls, SQUARMS, Sagaboi, Sophia, This Little Bird, Tipps & Yusuf.

Sounds good.

Big up to my marra Ben who puts loads of legwork in for this kind of thing. For a lad in his very early twenties he's certainly doing the live music scene in the city a great service.

Back