Sunderland music thread

This is Post Rome with Different Kids. All fulwell school lads.
We must kick about in the same circles mate. Most of the bands you're mentioning I have friends in or they're friends of friends. This newest generation of local music is so good. I can remember being in my first band at 19 which was 15 years ago and I can think of maybe a dozen bands on the scene at the time. There's dozens now and the quality is tremendous.

Last edited:

This is Post Rome with Different Kids. All fulwell school lads.

We must kick about in the same circles mate. Most of the bands you're mentioning I have friends in or they're friends of friends. This newest generation of local music is so good. I can remember being in my first band at 19 which was 15 years ago and I can think of maybe a dozen bands on the scene at the time. There's dozens now and the quality is tremendous.

Great to hear bud.
Sunderland has had an impressive music scene for years so much talent throughout the city.
Always like to support them.
Good to see the positive reaction to this thread too.

Great to hear bud.
Sunderland has had an impressive music scene for years so much talent throughout the city.
Always like to support them.
Good to see the positive reaction to this thread too.
Couldn't agree more bud.

Kudos for coming up with this thread, getting everyone talking about all of our local bands and musicians is what we need more of. I'd love to see people packing out local gigs when we can put them on again.

Couldn't agree more bud.

Kudos for coming up with this thread, getting everyone talking about all of our local bands and musicians is what we need more of. I'd love to see people packing out local gigs when we can put them on again.

Very much so.
Ideally people could put future local gigs on this thread perhaps?

Both in advance of them and reviews.

aye, Bobby Knoxall who sings on this song was a real Sunderland Eastender! Some cracking bands on this thread, looking forward to some good local gigs in 2021.
Did anyone here see Dave Stewarts gig at Sunderland Empire
Yes, it felt like a special show with it being his home town. We were sitting in the side section of the Dress (or upper dress circle) circle. Midway through his set, Dave Stewart appeared through the Staff doors near our seats, he played his guitar for a few minutes before going back down to stage level. It was surreal, but added to the night.

Last edited:
aye, Bobby Knoxall who sings on this song was a real Sunderland Eastender! Some cracking bands on this thread, looking forward to some good local gigs in 2021.

Yes, it felt like a special show with it being his home town. We were sitting in the side section of the Dress (or upper dress circle) circle. Midway through his set, Dave Stewart appeared through the Staff doors near our seats, he played his guitar for a few minutes before going back down to stage level. It was surreal, but added to the night.

It was a brilliant night one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

A proud night for our city with all the Wearside musicans involved.

Back