Sunderland Lads off Yesteryear.. add yer photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you would surely know his first name then as in his username ;)
I'm the big daft Jarra lad who played centre half. Messsssssscccccher or gadget :lol:

Is that Steve1873 Hallie marra? :)

I've met you mate, no doubt about it, but i'm struggling to picture you! You didn't work at Rolls Royce did you?

Is that Steve1873 Hallie marra? :)

I've met you mate, no doubt about it, but i'm struggling to picture you! You didn't work at Rolls Royce did you?

Aye, Stephen1973 is Halliday. Not me mate, I did work at Corning Glass as a sparky. Stewy worked at RR. I was always originally at games with Stewy, Ronnie and Paul Smithwhite then young Stevie came along. We once got his da's mini bus to go to Crystal Palace and got as far as Scotch Corner. Ended up sitting on a bus on the back of lorry heading back to Sunderland, with Walter sitting in the drivers seat pretending to drive and KC from Jarra absolutely pissed on cooking sherry

By the way Mephisto, if you remember the SAFCSA v Oldham game, you'll remember it was played on plastic and I had to go off cos my knees were cut to shreds. I still have the scars today :lol: Although I did get a round of applause from Roger Palmer and won the SAFCSA Player of the year :cool:
There were only 5 of us that got left at Oldham (I think), me, Stevie, Cockney Billy, Walter and errr I can't remember
That said, I haven't got a f***ing clue who you are

Aye, Stephen1973 is Halliday. Not me mate, I did work at Corning Glass as a sparky. Stewy worked at RR. I was always originally at games with Stewy, Ronnie and Paul Smithwhite then young Stevie came along. We once got his da's mini bus to go to Crystal Palace and got as far as Scotch Corner. Ended up sitting on a bus on the back of lorry heading back to Sunderland, with Walter sitting in the drivers seat pretending to drive and KC from Jarra absolutely pissed on cooking sherry

By the way Mephisto, if you remember the SAFCSA v Oldham game, you'll remember it was played on plastic and I had to go off cos my knees were cut to shreds. I still have the scars today :lol: Although I did get a round of applause from Roger Palmer and won the SAFCSA Player of the year :cool:
There were only 5 of us that got left at Oldham (I think), me, Stevie, Cockney Billy, Walter and errr I can't remember
That said, I haven't got a f***ing clue who you are[/QUOTE

PMSL, you wouldn't, i was quiet compared to the rest of you f***ing loonies! I can remember you getting taken off with injury, but cannot place your face to be honest. I was with Neil Davison from Seaham that game! The reason i can remember Walter is that when he came out i thought to mysell "he's nivver ganna last, but he had a blinder, absolutely tortured the full back! Steve Halliday will probs remember me, we were twatting used fish n chip papers off each other on the bus, and i was the one who was gonna get a footy team together to play in the same league as you SAFCSA lads! Can you remember Hallie getting his uncle to referee a game against a Newcastle team, and you lot kicking them up-a-height, and getting the free kicks for it aswell?

we were also getting shite of this team from Gateshead and Eddie smashed the kids nose. He was whinging to the ref, whilst blood poured from his nose. All the ref says was, "i can't give it if I didn't see it

messssssherrrr
we used to get kicked to bits in that newcastle league, they used to put coaches on when they played us,
i'm still trying to place who that lad is who went to the matches with neil,
i can remember bollocks from ryhope
and it was geordie clarke who got left with us
(stephen1937 on sons account)

messssssherrrr
we used to get kicked to bits in that newcastle league, they used to put coaches on when they played us,

Ow Steve, hows trix mate! :lol:

we were also getting shite of this team from Gateshead and Eddie smashed the kids nose. He was whinging to the ref, whilst blood poured from his nose. All the ref says was, "i can't give it if I didn't see it

:lol:

messssssherrrr
Ah aye little Geordie. A few of us at the bus stop surrounded by loads of Oldham fans on the other side of the road. Walter comes out of Macdonalds, chucks milk bottles at the Oldham lads and little Geordie wades into the fuckers across the road on his tod :lol:

Ah aye little Geordie. A few of us at the bus stop surrounded by loads of Oldham fans on the other side of the road. Walter comes out of Macdonalds, chucks milk bottles at the Oldham lads and little Geordie wades into the fuckers across the road on his tod :lol:

I thought I knew about most things but what the fuck is this Oldham stuff?

I thought I knew about most things but what the fuck is this Oldham stuff?

Nothing major. The supporters association played their association on the plastic pitch before our game. We had our own coach on as the Oldham lads had put some scran on in a pub. We were told not to go into town but the bus was still going to leave at 11:00,whether we were back or not. A few of us risked the town and there was an Oldham lad who befriended us. He told us where to catch the bus back to our coach and at what time. When we went to the bus stop, he had brought all of his mates along to give us a good hiding. We were totally outnumbered but couldn't get away without fighting our way out, which some of us did, whilst others jumped on the f***ing bus. :lol: Five of us got left, took a few beatings and a combination of taxis and hitch hiking managed to get to Manchester Airport to hire a car first thing Sunday morning

Nothing major. The supporters association played their association on the plastic pitch before our game. We had our own coach on as the Oldham lads had put some scran on in a pub. We were told not to go into town but the bus was still going to leave at 11:00,whether we were back or not. A few of us risked the town and there was an Oldham lad who befriended us. He told us where to catch the bus back to our coach and at what time. When we went to the bus stop, he had brought all of his mates along to give us a good hiding. We were totally outnumbered but couldn't get away without fighting our way out, which some of us did, whilst others jumped on the f***ing bus. :lol: Five of us got left, took a few beatings and a combination of taxis and hitch hiking managed to get to Manchester Airport to hire a car first thing Sunday morning

Did you ever go back to redress the situation?

Did you ever go back to redress the situation?

We were just happy to get out alive. In hindsight we were young and daft, we didn't cause trouble, just acted ourselves and had a good laugh. The sort of thing that wouldn't go down too well if the opposition did it in Sunderland. I can f***ing laugh about it now, but bloody hell what a night that was

We were just happy to get out alive. In hindsight we were young and daft, we didn't cause trouble, just acted ourselves and had a good laugh. The sort of thing that wouldn't go down too well if the opposition did it in Sunderland. I can f***ing laugh about it now, but bloody hell what a night that was

Come on, it's Friday night, we've had a drink ...... let's get the bastards!

Aye, John Boy. I used to travel with him now and again on the bus from Donny. He knocked around at the time with another blonde lad from Donny, Steve.
unfortunately Steve is no longer with us. died last year:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back