Sunderland Job Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a more inept mickey mouse establishment than Sunderland Job Centre? After "recommending" me for one of them 6 week work for fuck all courses at Nissan (despite clearly telling them I'd prefer call centre work) by my massive patronising twat of an advisor, they told me to attend the job centre to meet with someone from Nissan. I contacted them explaining that I was not interested and wanted to do a call centre training course instead, and was told that those meetings were not compulsory and I need not go if I didn't want to. I was also contacted on the day the meeting was due to take place by someone from a call-centre training place asking me to go through Houghton, although I had asked to do one in Sunderland (what I'm doing now).

Anyways, they've stopped my JSA claim as they say I did not provide a good enough reason for not attending. I haven't done anything wrong and I'm on a training course now (which I arranged myself and not through the job centre), yet the bastards have done this to me. I've got fuck all in the bank and need the money to get to the town for this course. Its not like the massive fuck on I've had with them regarding my tax rebate (they've sent the wrong statement of JSA TWICE ), or the massive fuck on they had stringing me along for ten weeks two years ago telling me I could claim JSA while still (technically) a student, or the fact I've never missed an appointment in my life or failed to meet any part of my jobseekers agreement. Scum ***** of the highest order they are.

Aye not the best.

When i was on the dole 2 years ago they never used to do fuck all when i went to sign on with regards to helping me look for work, most of the time it was 'were really busy today, sign here and the money will be in your account on Monday'.

rey mysterio said:
Is there a more inept mickey mouse establishment than Sunderland Job Centre? After "recommending" me for one of them 6 week work for fuck all courses at Nissan (despite clearly telling them I'd prefer call centre work) by my massive patronising twat of an advisor, they told me to attend the job centre to meet with someone from Nissan. I contacted them explaining that I was not interested and wanted to do a call centre training course instead, and was told that those meetings were not compulsory and I need not go if I didn't want to. I was also contacted on the day the meeting was due to take place by someone from a call-centre training place asking me to go through Houghton, although I had asked to do one in Sunderland (what I'm doing now).

Anyways, they've stopped my JSA claim as they say I did not provide a good enough reason for not attending. I haven't done anything wrong and I'm on a training course now (which I arranged myself and not through the job centre), yet the bastards have done this to me. I've got fuck all in the bank and need the money to get to the town for this course. Its not like the massive fuck on I've had with them regarding my tax rebate (they've sent the wrong statement of JSA TWICE ), or the massive fuck on they had stringing me along for ten weeks two years ago telling me I could claim JSA while still (technically) a student, or the fact I've never missed an appointment in my life or failed to meet any part of my jobseekers agreement. Scum ***** of the highest order they are.

Whole heartedly sympathise mate, having similar troubles. Only advantage I've got is I've got a bit saved up so if they decide to fuck me off money wise I've got a little bit put aside to offset them being bastards.

Try, not wanting a job. They bend over backwards for those scratter bastards

I went in the other day for my mate to look at the job, had a can of pop and was asked to take outside which is ridiculous.

Then even worse, got my phone out and was asked to put my phone away!

Some cow did this to me. Most of them are all right, but a few make you feel like you're signing the sex offenders register.

:lol::lol:

personally id rather struggle as i am now with fuck all money finding a job than rely on these spunk balloons hoying the same job at you repeatedly to get you off the books

would prefer to get on my bike than gan to one of them places

Maybe your joyous attitude indicates why you are an unemployable knob ?

They want me to do a 2 week training course at houghton leisure centre to get in with 2touch. Dunno whether to do it or not like

I finished signing on at southwick job centre a couple of weeks ago and walked straight in to work (which I found myself). anyway, I get my P45 from the jobcentre and hand it in to my new employers.

Got a letter the other day from HMRC saying I was on the basic rate for my tax code. Work says I'm meant to be on 803L (?? or something like that) so I gave HMRC a ring and it turns out that the jobcentre never told anyone that I'd finished signing on!! I was down as having 2 jobs so 20% of my earnings were going to go straight out to the taxman!

They're bloody useless like. I was signing on for about a month and never once got any help from them towards looking for a job. I even had an interview down in Coalville (again which I arranged myself), and only found out afterwards that I could have claimed for the travelling costs - 60 quid petrol money I could have claimed for!!!

Like someone else has just said, if you know how to play the system, you can get everything on a plate. The decent jobseekers who are actually looking for work have to fight for everything!

Rant ower!

Last edited:

You are entitled to appeal against the decision and if you can prove where you were you'll more than likely get the decision reversed. It wont help in the short term but I'd do everything possible to get every last penny out of the feckers.

These same people who went on strike for better pensions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been in it when I was on my last course and I had to get two jobs from the job points to use to complete a module. Another problem with the Sunderland branch is the pitiful amount of the job points that is there. Their's hardly any. There is only about 8 iic.

Try, not wanting a job. They bend over backwards for those scratter bastards

Aye! before he knows it they'll be thrusting a 42" plasma in his hands and telling him not to bother singing for the rest of the year, it's all taken care of.

The whole new system is a fuck up the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
I used to floorwalk in there years ago and I was dealing with about a dozen organisations citywide, where you lived depended on what help you got and I often had to turn people down because they lived on the wrong side of the street, it's even more of a fuck up now since they changed the rules and put the security guards on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back