Sunderland Echo report on Durham game

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rad1

Not sure if any one saw this but the Durham V Somerset report in Monday's Echo is a disgrace....

Craig Keiswetter gets twice as many mentions 2 than any of our lot

3 times more about the Grand Prix and Tuesdays racing a total shambles

Not sure if any one saw this but the Durham V Somerset report in Monday's Echo is a disgrace....

Craig Keiswetter gets twice as many mentions 2 than any of our lot

3 times more about the Grand Prix and Tuesdays racing a total shambles

The echo hasn't been the paper of choice or durham fans since about 1990 summat when Tim thingy left. Don't sweat it.

Probably just a rewrite or crib from cricinfo or bbc. They don't send anyone there

The echo hasn't been the paper of choice or durham fans since about 1990 summat when Tim thingy left. Don't sweat it.

Probably just a rewrite or crib from cricinfo or bbc. They don't send anyone there

Wellock?

And their reports are almost always the same as Cricinfo, with a few words changed.

Most media machines seem to still only recognise 17 first class counties.

There was a cricket magazine tweeted yesterday that there were "stonking wins for Sussex and Middlesex" in the county championship. Several people tweeted them to say what about Durham? They then issued a half-apologetic tweet giving them a mention as well.

I can understand the cricket being overshadowed a bit by the football and the resulting trouble by the so called Newcastle fans, but that doesn't excuse the lack of a decent match report with scorecard for those who weren't there.

As a follow on to that, Durham have their "derby" next week against Yorks, I wonder if we"ll be hobbling down Chester Le Street throwing Werthers Original wrappers and hip flasks at passing traffic wardens if we lose?

I can understand the cricket being overshadowed a bit by the football and the resulting trouble by the so called Newcastle fans, but that doesn't excuse the lack of a decent match report with scorecard for those who weren't there.

As a follow on to that, Durham have their "derby" next week against Yorks, I wonder if we"ll be hobbling down Chester Le Street throwing Werthers Original wrappers and hip flasks at passing traffic wardens if we lose?

Would be class tho. Burn the rowing club down then mob up at morrisons to stop the yorkies getting to the station.

Nah.

I thought it was Tim rich, but that doesn't look like him on the guardian site

Yes, it was Tim Rich who used to do the cricket reports for the Sunderland Echo. We spoke to him a couple of times at games in the early 90s.

I know he left to write for one of the broadsheets but not sure which one. A very enthusiastic chap, I always used to enjoy reading his work.

I suppose his appearance has changed over the last 20 years ago so that's probably why you don't recognise him. After all, over the last 20 years I've doubled in weight and you've lost virtually all your hair so I dare say he wouldn't recognise us either.;)

Yes, it was Tim Rich who used to do the cricket reports for the Sunderland Echo. We spoke to him a couple of times at games in the early 90s.

I know he left to write for one of the broadsheets but not sure which one. A very enthusiastic chap, I always used to enjoy reading his work.

I suppose his appearance has changed over the last 20 years ago so that's probably why you don't recognise him. After all, over the last 20 years I've doubled in weight and you've lost virtually all your hair so I dare say he wouldn't recognise us either.;)

Good job you were only 5 stone back then mate

Wellock?

And their reports are almost always the same as Cricinfo, with a few words changed.

i never quite understand why its ok that so many newspapers, sports sites, news sites etc etc all have the same story posted word for word. like someone writes a story then every other site just copy pastes this.

why is it ok? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back