Sunderland city Council

Current day bin operatives don't know their born. When I was a kid the "Bin Men" had to remove the lid of the metal or plastic bin, put it to one side then pick up the full bin to then tip it in the lorry. They would then put the bin back down where they got it from and then place the lid back on.

They had pride in their work and would get good tips from the residents at Christmas.
Bins when I was a kid were galvanized steel and fairly heavy. We put ashes and all kinds in so when full it was very heavy.
Binman would walk around the back of the house. Pick it up on his shoulder and carry it to the wagon on the road. That was one shit job, it looks much easier now. I still wouldn't want to do it now mind.

Current day bin operatives don't know their born. When I was a kid the "Bin Men" had to remove the lid of the metal or plastic bin, put it to one side then pick up the full bin to then tip it in the lorry. They would then put the bin back down where they got it from and then place the lid back on.

They had pride in their work and would get good tips from the residents at Christmas.
Clueless

I see the cooncil are knocking a church down in the east end to make way for bungalows.Shocking,they'd not do that to a mosque.Supposed to be a CHRISTIAN country.

Ffs.

Just my opinion mate.

Every interaction I've had with my current day bin operatives has been negative on their part. As per my previous example where I was a couple of minutes late putting my bin out and I caught them up further down the back lane, his first response when I asked if he could empty it was "for fucks sake".

The other time I had an interaction with them was they'd just emptied my recycle bin and I went out to get it in and the black caddy was gone. I caught them up and asked where it had gone. He said the paper in it was too heavy so they just left it in the bin and then tipped the whole lot into the lorry.

Interactions and attitudes are what form opinions and so far it's been 100% negative on their part when I've spoken with them.

Back