Sunderland city Council

Bone idle cu#%s ! Bins all over the shop with yellow stickers on them because they are just slightly overfilled with the lids a bit lifted. Another 2 weeks to wait now. Disgrace!
Queer mist be nee as we fell victim to it this week, we rang and because no sticker they had to collect
Queer mist be nee as we fell victim to it this week, we rang and because no sticker they had to collect
*must be new

Last edited:

Lazy fuckers who do the Thursday shift around SR4.

Bin usually left at least a house away (and often in the middle of the road) after they’ve emptied it despite me leaving it with handle side facing the road, clearly outside the gate of the house to which the bin serves.

Quite a few times recently the bin hasn’t been fully emptied by the lorry either.

Never had any issues at my previous address (Washington, NE38) with Sunderland Council binmen there.

I’d assume whichever gang/ team you get has a massive bearing on service, as I say the ones who do around here are in the main, bone idle half jobs. Same as the parking enforcement lot as well to be fair, also bone idle and not arsed about providing a half decent service.

Last edited:
I was late one day putting my recycling bin out (7:35am) and I caught up with them further down the back lane and he was having a right whinge at me. I said you don't normally come until the afternoon and I haven't caused you any additional work as I've caught you up.

He then tipped the paper insert into the main bin and tipped the whole lot in. I asked why do we separate paper if you just do that. He said "no idea".
The old fella next door to me was telling me he forgot to put his bin out, the bin man knocked on and waited till he got it out, so they’re not all like that

I was late one day putting my recycling bin out (7:35am) and I caught up with them further down the back lane and he was having a right whinge at me. I said you don't normally come until the afternoon and I haven't caused you any additional work as I've caught you up.

He then tipped the paper insert into the main bin and tipped the whole lot in. I asked why do we separate paper if you just do that. He said "no idea".
They don’t bother separating it aye.

Haven’t bothered using the paper insert section for about 2 years now as soon as I realised that, as it creates a fart on putting large bits of cardboard in the main part of the bin. I don’t even know what I’ve done with it to be fair.

Lazy fuckers who do the Thursday shift around SR4.

Bin usually left at least a house away (and often in the middle of the road) after they’ve emptied it despite me leaving it with handle side facing the road, clearly outside the gate of the house to which the bin serves.

Quite a few times recently the bin hasn’t been fully emptied by the lorry either.

Never had any issues at my previous address (Washington, NE38) with Sunderland Council binmen there.

I’d assume whichever gang/ team you get has a massive bearing on service, as I say the ones who do around here are in the main, bone idle half jobs. Same as the parking enforcement lot as well to be fair, also bone idle and not arsed about providing a half decent service.
Just drove to the gym and there's bins all over with them yellow stickers on them just slightly open. Fukin ridiculous 🙄

I know it was reported months ago that they wouldn’t take it if it was even slightly open however two houses along from us always have at least a bag on top of a full bin. Will be interesting to see what happens on Friday.

Current day bin operatives don't know their born. When I was a kid the "Bin Men" had to remove the lid of the metal or plastic bin, put it to one side then pick up the full bin to then tip it in the lorry. They would then put the bin back down where they got it from and then place the lid back on.

They had pride in their work and would get good tips from the residents at Christmas.

Current day bin operatives don't know their born. When I was a kid the "Bin Men" had to remove the lid of the metal or plastic bin, put it to one side then pick up the full bin to then tip it in the lorry. They would then put the bin back down where they got it from and then place the lid back on.

They had pride in their work and would get good tips from the residents at Christmas.

the population then wasn't as much as it is now and they'll have had more time an area

More rubbish now. People only threw anything away once it had run its course.

Back