Sunderland AFC Ladies

Surprised at Man City attendance despite derby v Utd never thought that many would be bothering to go ....if our lasses were playing the Mags ladies I doubt it would be more than 5k....I just don't get the women's footy, personally I wouldn't pay to watch ,the bits I've seen on the box looks like they play with a lightweight ball...is it the same weight and size as the blokes play ?

We just beat the mags 3-2. Some one will know the attendance.. It won't of been big.

Women's football will never be huge. It'll just be there, loitering in the background of men's.

We just beat the mags 3-2. Some one will know the attendance.. It won't of been big.

Women's football will never be huge. It'll just be there, loitering in the background of men's.
I watched that game some canny goals like ,just pleased for them they got the win 🤗
Probably right. I don't see the fuss over the women's side of football.. Some do though. I wouldn't attend even if it was free personally.
Same ,even though I watched it on fyas byook

Last edited:
They were neither handed tickets nor begged to attend.

Tickets were £7 for adults at City and with up to 3 under 16's free with every adult ticket.

So anyone who wanted to attend needed to actually turn up and buy at least one adult ticket.

Tickets were free at Chelsea but anyone wanting to attend had to acquire the tickets themselves.

Are you arguing with yourself there mate ?

Sure I seen it somewhere that it was bout 1200 ... or I'm making it up
I agree it'll never be huge.

What do you think men's football attendances were in their infancy? The woman's game is 140 years behind in these terms.
Of course they'll more than likely never be the same as the men's game but let's hope they keep rising like they did in the men's game, reaching their peak in the 1930s (taking 50 years) before the bells and whistles of the Premier League in the 90s.

What do you think men's football attendances were in their infancy? The woman's game is 140 years behind in these terms.
Of course they'll more than likely never be the same as the men's game but let's hope they keep rising like they did in the men's game, reaching their peak in the 1930s (taking 50 years) before the bells and whistles of the Premier League in the 90s.
The women's game used to get 50k+ before the FA shut it down

Been to two games this week as also went down to Billingham on Wednesday for the derby v Boro.

The lasses have a decent side this year and have an opportunity to get back to at least one division from where they probably deserve to be really (they were never relegated on the field remember). Probably should have won at Boro midweek but missed chances and were lucky to escape with a draw in the end after Boro missed a pen in the last minute. Galloway and Lambert in particular look excellent as did the very young lass who came on wide on the right late on.

Not been a big fan of games at the academy previously, but today they allowed the fans to go everywhere round the pitch when the U16's and U18's play the fans are normally limited to one side of the pitch. People could sit on the grass bank or wonder around unhindered and it was great. Nice family atmosphere and a decent crowd. Very young side and there could be some more stars coming through the ranks again.

One of the things I like about the womens games is how inclusive it is. I know there are LGBT fans who turn up to watch them, I went to school with one of them who now has a daughter playing for us. You only have to look at some of the posts above this one to see we are a long way from ridding the game of sexism among other things but the lasses games are a breath of fresh air.

Last edited:
Been to two games this week as also went down to Billingham on Wednesday for the derby v Boro.

The lasses have a decent side this year and have an opportunity to get back to at least one division from where they probably deserve to be really (they were never relegated on the field remember). Probably should have won at Boro midweek but missed chances and were lucky to escape with a draw in the end after Boro missed a pen in the last minute. Galloway and Lambert in particular look excellent as did the very young lass who came on wide on the right late on.

Not been a big fan of games at the academy previously, but today they allowed the fans to go everywhere round the pitch when the U16's and U18's play the fans are normally limited to one side of the pitch. People could sit on the grass bank or wonder around unhindered and it was great. Nice family atmosphere and a decent crowd. Very young side and there could be some more stars coming through the ranks again.

One of the things I like about the womens games is how inclusive it is. I know there are LGBT fans who turn up to watch them, I went to school with one of them who now has a daughter playing for us. You only have to look at some of the posts above this one to see we are a long way from ridding the game of sexism among other things but the lasses games are a breath of fresh air.

Great post

Top of the table clash next Sunday away to Huddersfield. Will go a long way to telling us who's bossing this league.

Last edited:
Hope the lasses piss these leagues and when the win the women's Premier they don't even bother turning up for the trophy.
Sounds like a really good competitive league. Hopefully it’s all shown live on Al Jazeera soon.
Sarcasm, right?

Last edited:

Back