Sun (Nixon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fees like this are the norm in football, i don't blame SD for trying if this is the case
This whole takeover/investment saga has been handled dreadfully. What an absolute mess.

so true, from start to where we are now, it has caused so much upset and unrest to us fans, the exact opposite to what SD was supposed to do when he came into the club

it's disgraceful really and questions need to be answered if he wants unity

Last edited:
I’m not the biggest stewy fan by any means But I don’t believe that story. Who in there right mind would demand that sort of deal and expect to get it?. Surely he wouldn’t fuck up the clubs chance of a lifetime over pure greed and stupidity.

The question I can't answer is who wins as a result of this shitstorm
Nixon is obviously getting information from somewhere, but the timing of these articles is very interesting.
The Americans and the club are bound by NDA's which will carry pretty hefty penalties if anything can be traced back to either party.
This leads me to speculate if there could be a third party that hopes to scupper the deal and either get the Americans to buy them or leave SD in a wounded position and get the club for a cheaper price.

The above has no basis in fact, it is pure unadulterated speculation, so don't sue me :)

I love a good conspiracy theory :)

this copied from elsewhere more or less sums up my feelings

'Nothing adds up mate.

Let's go weapons grade cynic for a second.

Yanks decide to buy the club, L1 and going nowhere fast, but want total control.

Donald does a deal,
allows them to register a new company at the SOL, tells his pet fanzines, agrees to replace the manager, etc ....

... then realises his investment could go viral if they take the club to the PL.

So he starts to dig his heels in wanting a role in the club, investment but not a takeover and the chance of associated glory.

The Yanks dig their heels in and Donald starts to panic realising he could be caught in no man's land.

Something serious happened between the Dell t-shirts and the current impasse
, that's for sure. '

The only thing you've posted there that has actually been corroborated is the companies house registration.

Literally everything in bold is complete guesswork and mostly dismissed by Donald himself.

We are all pondering about what might be happening but I find it weird people are so keen to buy into these made up, negative stories.

I really don't know what or who to believe anymore.
I thought Nixon had already said the deals off, now he's saying it's stalled? Well one of his articles is a lie
Wasn't it a different sun journalist that wrote it was off? I'm sure Nixon has said that talks are ongoing for weeks now?

Last edited:
I’m not the biggest stewy fan by any means But I don’t believe that story. Who in there right mind would demand that sort of deal and expect to get it?. Surely he wouldn’t fuck up the clubs chance of a lifetime over pure greed and stupidity.

Is it greed? He might argue that he put in place the building blocks that instigated the whole process and why should someone else make the bulk of the profit if/when the club has a much higher valuation.

On the other hand I wouldn't want to be in Donald's shoes if those allegations are true and it's caused the takeover/investment to be called off.

true or not(and ive had my suspicions)its entirely plausible
It would have to have an element of plausibility otherwise his arse would end up in a sling. He won’t know one way or the other. He’s speculating same as thousands of others. We’ll all find out soon enough.

He got SAFC for next to nowt.

All he needs is to sell it for £50 million and make an absolute fortune.

He obviously thinks that there will be plenty of opportunities to do so. So if the Dell boys walk away he can always find another buyer.

Why would anyone think that he "really cares" about the long term future? Would you if you could make £35 million in a couple of years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back