Summer Streets 2023

Missed almost the entire weekend due to one thing or another but slug were good.

The poor little bairn get stitched up with the guitar at the end :lol: :lol:

Very pleasant afternoon on the seafront.
My banking app shows seven pints but it was a chilled mellow afternoon.
Slug the pick of the bunch for me.
In hindsight, having the two days actually saved the event. Seemed a decent crowd there, maybe not as big as last year but still a success. Briefly spoke to some of the organisers and they were very relieved after yesterday.
The wind was still playing havoc on the main stage but I think they were happy to live with that so they still had an event.

canny afternoon, enjoyed the Sunderland Symphony Orchestra more than I expected with their takes on a couple of current tunes, Cortney Dixon pretty good, Hannabiel and Her mates had plenty folk up jiving, Dilutey juice certainly different and got the crowd going, Couple of decent tunes from Peter Brewis and very impressed with Slug--although not sure what the outfits were about.
Decent crowd despite the wind and maybe folk concerned about another call off or wet underneath. Hopefully returns next Year

Missed a few acts I had wanted to see today but got down to see Slug, who were great, and stayed until the end.

Wasn't as busy as last year, but last year there were so many people down the sea front with the weather being perfect I wonder how many were just passing.

@The Ram sorting refreshments yet again, what a geezer.

Back