Suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye.

His suicide note was awful to read. He simply couldn't face another day battling his demons. Feel f***ing bummed out now mind :(

I bet it was, and then you think how could you have helped. Well I did, and tbh I was a good friend but not the closest you know.

Chin up mate, corny but, I'm sure you'll have had cracking times with him also.

I get where the idea of it being selfish comes from. It seriously hurts everyone around you. Maybe for the rest of their lives. I don't agree that it is though. You have to be in a horrendous way to consider it an option. I'd imagine the majority of people that do it are very ill, mentally speaking. I'd just hope that anyone I know would be strong and comfortable enough to find help before they actually went through with it.

There's a massive difference between having the thoughts and making plans and going through with it. Hope you can avoid ever going to that stage mate.

Are you getting help?

My health is getting worse and I would rather end it myself while I still can than hang on for what would be even worse. If things continue the way they have recently I would rather plan things and move on to a painless place and let that be that. I would not top myself in a moment of sadness, am not worth the hassle of that. But I do believe it could be beautiful if done the right way and that way is for me to decide while I still can. My funeral is long planned just like my last will, though it gets changed every now and again, so I am basically ready should things get even worse. That doesn't make me suicidal as such, am just realistic and want to have the final say.

If you ask someone with 2 broken hands to open a tight jar - is it selfish of them to say no? Because the injury wont let them do it?
If you ask someone with learning difficulties to do your tax return, is it selfish if they dont do it or make a mess of it because they have learning difficulties?
If you had a mate whose family had just been killed in a car crash would he be being selfish if you asked him to go nightclubbing with you the next day? Or would he just be grieving?
Why is is selfish that people suffering from mental illness, and lets face it, to get to the point where you take your own life, you must at that point be suffering from a mental illness (as the natural human condition is to fight for life at all costs) take their own lives to stop the pain and suffering?
Its not like they are thinking straight, they are not capable of it due to the condition their mind is in.
They are not having normal thought processes, they are in pain, mentally and quite often physically.
They simply want the hell to stop, and an end to it looks inviting, welcoming.
Its not selfish. It's a symptom/side effect of a serious illness - one that they have and one that society has in general when it lets people get to that stage.

Mental illness and suicide can happen in an instant.

3 attempts, last one was last year. Got some counselling afterwards and after talking it through realised that it wasn't necessarily a case of wanting to end my life so much as a way to stop feeling like I did and thinking I'd be doing everyone a favour.
Lost my brother to it just under a year and a half ago. Can understand why he felt the way he did, beat myself up I didn't help him more, but in the end it was his decision.
Yes it can be seen as selfish for those of us left behind, but I just feel terribly sad that he was in a place where it felt like that was his only option.

Had a fella at work commit suicide earlier this week and must admit its shaken me a bit.

Has anyone on here ever seriously contemplated it? What must be going through people's heads to think that its the answer?

Is it a solution or just the start of more problems?
Yes. Got referred to mental Heath.

Took an overdose a couple of years ago, in all honesty still think my friends and family would have been better off had I succeeded, but don't have the bottle to try it again.

If you ask someone with 2 broken hands to open a tight jar - is it selfish of them to say no? Because the injury wont let them do it?
If you ask someone with learning difficulties to do your tax return, is it selfish if they dont do it or make a mess of it because they have learning difficulties?
If you had a mate whose family had just been killed in a car crash would he be being selfish if you asked him to go nightclubbing with you the next day? Or would he just be grieving?
Why is is selfish that people suffering from mental illness, and lets face it, to get to the point where you take your own life, you must at that point be suffering from a mental illness (as the natural human condition is to fight for life at all costs) take their own lives to stop the pain and suffering?
Its not like they are thinking straight, they are not capable of it due to the condition their mind is in.
They are not having normal thought processes, they are in pain, mentally and quite often physically.
They simply want the hell to stop, and an end to it looks inviting, welcoming.
Its not selfish. It's a symptom/side effect of a serious illness - one that they have and one that society has in general when it lets people get to that stage.
Please take care mate.

Bipolar and borderline personality disorders mate. And I get audio and visual hallucinations. f***ing nightmare.

What triggered them..?
I'm really interested in dealing with mental health issues but don't feel that there is as much help given to those who need it.
I always see the go and see the GP replies, yes this is a step to try to sort things but the care given beyond that is pretty shit to be honest.

I think about it a lot but I'm too much of a coward to do it, my mother is the only family I've got and that's about the same for her, so she'd be very alone if I were to do it.
Probably takes more guts to go on and face lifes challenges mate. Suicide would be the cowards way out imo

Someone close to me killed himself five years ago. Not a week goes past when I don't think about him. Given time I've stopped trying to ask why and have grown to accept his decision. It's impossible for us to understand the mindset of someone who has reached a point where they are willing to take their own life.

Same here mate, last summer. I posted on here at the time in an attempt to find him because he'd been missing for a few days. Sadly we found out the news a month or so later. It shook me up far more than I expected, I kept asking myself what I could have done to stop it, constant dreams about us finding him and things of that nature. Bloody awful time. :(

Only just got over that recently. Poor lad.

My health is getting worse and I would rather end it myself while I still can than hang on for what would be even worse. If things continue the way they have recently I would rather plan things and move on to a painless place and let that be that. I would not top myself in a moment of sadness, am not worth the hassle of that. But I do believe it could be beautiful if done the right way and that way is for me to decide while I still can. My funeral is long planned just like my last will, though it gets changed every now and again, so I am basically ready should things get even worse. That doesn't make me suicidal as such, am just realistic and want to have the final say.

I get what you mean mate. Hope whatever happens you can find some peace.

What triggered them..?
I'm really interested in dealing with mental health issues but don't feel that there is as much help given to those who need it.
I always see the go and see the GP replies, yes this is a step to try to sort things but the care given beyond that is pretty shit to be honest.

Dunno what triggered them, the audio ones have always been there I think. They just get worse and worse.

3 attempts, last one was last year. Got some counselling afterwards and after talking it through realised that it wasn't necessarily a case of wanting to end my life so much as a way to stop feeling like I did and thinking I'd be doing everyone a favour.
Lost my brother to it just under a year and a half ago. Can understand why he felt the way he did, beat myself up I didn't help him more, but in the end it was his decision.
Yes it can be seen as selfish for those of us left behind, but I just feel terribly sad that he was in a place where it felt like that was his only option.

He probably never looked at all his options, that is the sad part of it.

I get where the idea of it being selfish comes from. It seriously hurts everyone around you. Maybe for the rest of their lives. I don't agree that it is though. You have to be in a horrendous way to consider it an option. I'd imagine the majority of people that do it are very ill, mentally speaking. I'd just hope that anyone I know would be strong and comfortable enough to find help before they actually went through with it.

Looking at it from a simplistic view it can be seen as selfish.

IMO it's arrogant to call it selfish, fuck knows what must be going through people's minds to do that. It's like that teacher who left his wife and 3 kids. The illness he must have had to do that is unreal

Me either mate it must be horrific tbh, especially twice. I only found my uncle dead in his chair looking all peaceful and it stayed with me for ages, can't imagine finding someone swinging from a tree :neutral:

I'd have found a new route to work if I was him btw.
it was part of his job he had to walk the perimeter to check for forced entry (they never used security back then just staff members) anyway he had to walk the outside checking to see if there had been anyone getting onto the roof and the alleyway was a thoroughfare for customers so they had to walk it and clean away broken bottles, mind this was just after it opened in the early 90s
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=5...FHsX3UCSS-DgvQ&cbp=12,342.29,,0,5.72&t=m&z=11

thats the tree behind the two vans anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back