Suicide must be a dark place

Had a really rough weekend. The worst I've felt in a long time. Hopefully a good sleep will make things feel better tomorrows.

Sleep well mate hopefully you will wake up feeling better, No matter how bad you feel now its just 1 weekend of shite, life’s full of them but there’s always the other side of it that makes you glad you’re alive, remember them good times and if its the worst you have felt for long time just think you can only go up from here, put some tunes on and get ur head down marra be better when u wake up

Sleep well mate hopefully you will wake up feeling better, No matter how bad you feel now its just 1 weekend of shite, life’s full of them but there’s always the other side of it that makes you glad you’re alive, remember them good times and if its the worst you have felt for long time just think you can only go up from here, put some tunes on and get ur head down marra be better when u wake up
Thank you mate appreciate the reply. This place is great during bad times. In my bed now trying to get my head down.

just a general question. Of the many methods of ending your own life do people still use car exhaust fumes, or has catalytic converters prevented that?
l petrol cars sold in the UK since Dec 31, 1992, have had to have catalytic converters to comply with a mandatory European Directive restriction on exhaust emissions, and by the end of 1997, 36% of cars had these converters. Because catalytic converters decrease the carbon monoxide content of exhaust gases from about 3·5% to about 0·5%, as well as removing oxides of nitrogen and sulphur, it has been suggested that they may prevent suicides; and there are isolated reports of survivors of suicide attempts, despite long exposure to exhaust fumes.
There has, however, been no evidence of the influence of catalytic converters on suicide rates.

Thank you mate appreciate the reply. This place is great during bad times. In my bed now trying to get my head down.
If you’re struggling to sleep mate put something on in the background to drift off to, i nar when i’m done in and me heeds garn 90 mile an hour i cant sleep worrying about shit so i put porridge or fools n horses or summit on and it helps just to watch something til i nod off

Cheers. I know the feeling is always temporary but it is hard to covince myself of that sometimes.
I'm making some drastic changes, I've knocked drinking on the head and refuse to use stuff as a crutch to get me through - I can get me through, I'm determined about that now.
Just be thankful for the little things, we're still breathing and as talk talk said "Baby, life's what you make it" - the sun is also shining today, yay !!!! xx

I'm making some drastic changes, I've knocked drinking on the head and refuse to use stuff as a crutch to get me through - I can get me through, I'm determined about that now.
Just be thankful for the little things, we're still breathing and as talk talk said "Baby, life's what you make it" - the sun is also shining today, yay !!!! xx
Less alcohol and more exercise is what I need to be fair. I made that change at the start of the year as well as eating better but slipped back into my old ways during lockdown. You're right though it is only us who can change things.

Less alcohol and more exercise is what I need to be fair. I made that change at the start of the year as well as eating better but slipped back into my old ways during lockdown. You're right though it is only us who can change things.
The eating thing is my main problem, but I cant give everything up - so I have bought some decent trainers so I can go walking and try to burn off the bad stuff I eat.

The eating thing is my main problem, but I cant give everything up - so I have bought some decent trainers so I can go walking and try to burn off the bad stuff I eat.
Walking is great if you're wanting to lose quite a bit weight. Good for your mind too. If you haven't already got it download strava or something similar to track your walks. It's nice to look back on and see your progress.

He's 9.

He's had issues in the past with one kid picking on him, the school always brushed it aside. My son is the quietest, shyest kid and lets anyone and everyone walk over him. He has a couple of mates but he finds it hard to make new ones. Not really sure what it is at the moment but after the long break he just wants to stay at home with us. The school are useless, I know of another lovely, friendly boy in the year below being bullied by older kids. I heard the classroom assistant explaining to his mother this morning that perhaps it was his fault for annoying them and that he needs to learn his place with the older kids.

Would have moved him school ages ago but his younger brother is there and fairly well settled.

It seems the perfect school if you're kids are massively extraverted and always being heard. If you're a quiet introverted kid then you're forgotten about.

If the school are ignoring this then you can take things further, write to the school governors and ask them to raise it. If no joy write to the school inspectors, I suspect this threat will get some action.

Bullying doesn't toughen people up, it can wreck lives leading to skipping school, lack of education and even suicide. Don't let it go, ask for a meeting with the headmaster, state your intentions, give timescales and get it sorted both for you, your son and every other pupil.

I know it's daft but don't forget to look up at the sky, really look. Notice the cloud formations and how blue/grey or black the sky is. Sounds daft but we so often look down into our own world of grey pavements sometimes looking up at the world can lift your spirits.

Last edited:
If the school are ignoring this then you can take things further, write to the school governors and ask them to raise it. If no joy write to the school inspectors, I suspect this threat will get some action.

Bullying doesn't toughen people up, it can wreck lives leading to skipping school, lack of education and even suicide. Don't let it go, ask for a meeting with the headmaster, state your intentions, give timescales and get it sorted both for you, your son and every other pupil.

I know it's daft but don't forget to look up at the sky, really look. Notice the cloud formations and how blue/grey or black the sky is. Sounds daft but we so often look down into our own world of grey pavements sometimes looking up at the world can lift your spirits.
Yes indeed, I will - thank you xx

This every time.
The hardest thing as a parent is gauging it and understanding the severity.
Take it further up the tree without doubt, some teachers are not equipped to cope with it thus go directly to the year head, the school head and the governors if needed. Hate bullying.

This every time.
The hardest thing as a parent is gauging it and understanding the severity.
Take it further up the tree without doubt, some teachers are not equipped to cope with it thus go directly to the year head, the school head and the governors if needed. Hate bullying.

Indeed and there's nothing worse when the child is struggling and parents say toughen up. Erm no, be allowed to be who you are, enjoy school, get a good education and tell the school to protect its pupils!!!

Good on you.
Get those trainers on and walk through the Countryside. Get the head up and look around incredible what you see and find.
Keeps you fit physically and mentally.

Thank you. Kind words. He's had a good day today so all is well in the world, for now.
Amazing the rollercoaster of emotions kids create!

Not at all, thanks for taking time to reply. I was similar. Plenty of times I knew an answer or didn't put myself forward for things and let the others take all the limelight and I was left to go under the radar. He has so many similarities to me, that's what worries me 😄

Just keep talking to him every Morning and every day.
Reassuring him and slowly build him up. I recall one Morning virtually dragging one of mine out of bed, tears and just couldn’t face his so called “Mate” turning everyone against him. Dealt with it and roll on the years, so many new mates, girls sending him messages and above all he is a rock to so many people, helping and listening to others, proud of him.
......ohh and what become of the little shit who made his life unpleasant, time after he wanted to make up with my lad. The answer was fuck off and has never spoke to him since :)
Just keep that communication going and avoid the suffering in silence.
Beat these little fuckers who are unpleasant Mate.

My childhood mate, Paul Bond from midfield took his life a year and a half ago. He was supposed to be coming across here for Christmas. I was in the assembly with the kids giving out awards when the telephone call came through. I was devistated. I kept thinking why didn't he ring me? Why not ask me for help?

Eventually I had to accept it was what he wanted, not us, not his friends, not his family.

He didn't want to cope and more, he didn't want to struggle, he wanted out.

His memories still live on with us, and boy I miss him and wish he was still here, but he's at peace, not tortured, not struggling, but at peace.

RIP Bondy mate. 😢

Last edited by a moderator:

Back