Suez Canal blocked

Sounds like some remedial training needs to be offered on things like

Steering
Not crashing
Not stopping world trade
This one doesn't make any sense to me. It's a heavily-traveled route, the Chesapeake is plenty wide to maneuver, the channel is clearly marked, and that far up it's not even very tidal. It's not like there's great mystery as to how not to run aground.

This one doesn't make any sense to me. It's a heavily-traveled route, the Chesapeake is plenty wide to maneuver, the channel is clearly marked, and that far up it's not even very tidal. It's not like there's great mystery as to how not to run aground.
Few extra Carlsbergs the night before maybe

Few extra Carlsbergs the night before maybe
That did happen to one vessel I worked on a few years ago.
Fortunately the police who turned up to the grounded vessel didn't have a ladder so they couldn't breathalyse the bridge watchman. By the time they returned with one the vessel had refloated on the tide. Without going into too many details there were a lot of very lucky yachtsman that night

The Ever Given is sailing back through the Suez Canal right now. Hold your breath.

The Ever Given is sailing back through the Suez Canal right now. Hold your breath.

I can't be the only one surprised that they didn't quietly change the name of the ship.

Hold your breath?
More like breath in
:lol: ;)

Well clear of Suez now, and heading to Rotterdam.

Liverpool or Rome.
or Vietnam

Container ship Ever Oath suffered engine failure on Sep 17 while approaching Vung Tau, Vietnam, on arrival from Tanjung Pelepas, Malaysia. The ship was anchored at Vung Tau anchorage, on Sep 19 tugs were assigned, and she was towed to Cai Mep container terminal.

Back