Student Meals

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakey

Midfield
right I'm a student at university and I want to shift some weight.

Only problem is having a healthy diet as fruit and veg are expensive and go off rather quickly and i'm not a great fan of most veg so i'm looking for cheapish easy things to make. I don't have a shop nearby so really just using basic stuff.

Any help greatly appreciated

Oats, rice, pasta, protein powder, peanut butter etc can all be bought in bulk and very cheap prices mate.

Get some big bags of frozen veg, not as good as fresh obviously but cheaper, convenient and you're more likely to eat them if they are sitting in the freezer waiting.

Get some exercise.

You can get big bags of frozen corn on the cob for less than a quid at ASDA, taste lush grilled.

Do you have a freezer? You could cook big pots of things like bolognaise, chilli, curries etc then freeze the extra portions in freezer bags. That way you can buy the veg and use it on the day so it doesn't go off.

One lad i share a flat with went on a diet where he just ate protein for one week then just protein and veg for the next 3 weeks and then he has only just started eating minimal carbs again.

Is this healthy? he lost like 1st 5lbs and he only weight 12st to start with

One lad i share a flat with went on a diet where he just ate protein for one week then just protein and veg for the next 3 weeks and then he has only just started eating minimal carbs again.

Is this healthy? he lost like 1st 5lbs and he only weight 12st to start with

The side effects of not eating carbs makes it not worth it, managed 3 days once, breath f***ing stunk, had no energy at all, and was bunged up. Felt terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back