Stuart McGill kidnapped - 4 arrested

Kidnapped for an hour? Beaten up by 4 men but only minor scrapes and bruises? I've no doubt McGill is telling the truth but it reads like a rejected script for Charlie's Angels.

The article I read mentioned he knew one guy, they obviously know where he lives. Maybe he genuinely feared if he reported it they'd come back. It does all seem odd.

he's the brother of MacGill's lass, she owns a restaurant where MacGill is the manager... all very strange. my mate is pretty high up on the strike force that investigates these types of gang crimes. he might be able to spill the beans once it's been to court but for now just have to rely on what the news is saying...

MacGill waited a week before he told the cops as he was shit scared and the cops did a bit of digging before they arrested the 4 blokes. if i was MacGill i'd get out of town for a while and keep my head down.

just on news, seems to be a drug deal gone bad. macgill has supposedly introduced his lasses brother to some other bloke and they've tried to sort out a drug deal and they've been ripped off so they kidnapped Macgill and wanted $150k from him to cover their losses (or something like that).

you really don't want to fuck with these blokes (bikie/drugs gangs) to be really honest. he'll be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life. they don't forget, they hold grudges and they've knocked people off for much less than that.

spoke to my mate today, apparently the 4 arrested aren't as closely tied to the gang scene as the media here have made out so he's not as at risk from that perspective, he also said that MacGill is a shadow of his former self and basically if it wasn't for his lass he probably wouldn't have a job at all. likes a beer a bit too much these days apparently... he was done for drink driving a couple of years back so does have some form. ironically he did a series on australian wine a few years ago, might have made it onto sky in blighty?

mentioned a couple of other things too but i'll leave it there, suffice to say he's fallen a fair way in a few short years.

Turns out he was in on it.

BBC News - Stuart MacGill: Australian cricket star charged over drug supply plot

his payment for setting up the deal was that his own drug debt would be wiped (allegedly)

when his police interview was over (after the kidnapping) the cops said to him that they'd have to keep his clothes as evidence. he replied could he have his jeans back as they were the only pair he owned. he also wasn't wearing any undies either during that ordeal as he didn't have any.

absolute fuckwit

Back