Stuart Broad

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the only bowler without a wicket in this ODI series, on SSN. Thats four games, he'll have bowled a maximum of 40 overs, 240 balls without getting a wicket, thats not international form, get him out :evil:

haway then Essex Boy, whats the reason? Poor umpiring, poor fielding? Hasn't been bowled enough by Cook? Jimmy keeps dropping his catches?

is the only bowler without a wicket in this ODI series, on SSN. Thats four games, he'll have bowled a maximum of 40 overs, 240 balls without getting a wicket, thats not international form, get him out :evil:

haway then Essex Boy, whats the reason? Poor umpiring, poor fielding? Hasn't been bowled enough by Cook? Jimmy keeps dropping his catches?

coming back from two operations during the winter clearly hasnt helped and he is just in a poor run of form at the minute

Similar to Cook b4 going to Australia

Form is temporary class is permanent

How many test number 8 batsmen and below have scored a test 100 for England in the last 15 -20 years?

coming back from two operations during the winter clearly hasnt helped and he is just in a poor run of form at the minute

How many test number 8 batsmen and below have scored a test 100 for England in the last 15 -20 years?

Thats irrelevant, its his bowling that is under the spotlight

Thats irrelevant, its his bowling that is under the spotlight

sorry it maybe irrlevant to you but it isnt to me

Unlike some in the bowling ranks, Broad has more in his armoury than just pitching it up and letting the damp english tracks do the work. He is also a class batsman

It is a canny bit different to Cook. It is fair to say that Cook was a proven test match player with a proven test match record - Broad has yet to prove himself as a test match player and hasnt yet got the record to back it up.

His situation is probably more similar to bell and anderson a few years back both of which managed to turn the corner. I'm sure Broad will as well.

It is a canny bit different to Cook. It is fair to say that Cook was a proven test match player with a proven test match record - Broad has yet to prove himself as a test match player and hasnt yet got the record to back it up.

His situation is probably more similar to bell and anderson a few years back both of which managed to turn the corner. I'm sure Broad will as well.

Both because they had spells back in county cricket.

Cook had an average in the low 40s.....hardly any different to Broad who had a bowling average in the mid 30s

the best average 50-55 with the bat and similarly the best bowlers average 20-26

Both because they had spells back in county cricket.

Bell made a breakthrough in the 2nd test in SA when everyone wanted him dropped and has never looked back......I have no idea what planet you are on today with regards to a spell in county cricket

I think EB has just been on the Sky Sports. Blonde lass sitting in the crowd at Trent Bridge with an "I ♥ Broady" sign :lol:

sorry it maybe irrlevant to you but it isnt to me

Unlike some in the bowling ranks, Broad has more in his armoury than just pitching it up and letting the damp english tracks do the work. He is also a class batsman

A class bastman? He's hardly a class batsman when he's scored one test century. He's not an all rounder, and never will be an all rounder. All he does is pitch the ball short and let the bastman hook or pill him to the boundary, then kick the wicket and think it's alright coa his dad played for England and he's got 'friends in high places'. How he's captain of the T20 side ahead of Colly is an absolute disgrace

A class bastman? He's hardly a class batsman when he's scored one test century. He's not an all rounder, and never will be an all rounder. All he does is pitch the ball short and let the bastman hook or pill him to the boundary, then kick the wicket and think it's alright coa his dad played for England and he's got 'friends in high places'. How he's captain of the T20 side ahead of Colly is an absolute disgrace

seconded

He's got a wicket! He's now averaging about 160 in this series.

Shame it's a green top so doesn't count.
It counts double for Broad because green tops don't suit his bowling but the wickets Jimmy has taken don't count because he's bowling in favourable conditions.

Keep up at the back man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back