Strictly 2021 official thread

Fantastic show once again that is desperate for the removal of Motsi Mabuse as a judge.
Whey not likely…..she is better than Shirley
Hi guys,
Im a bit late to the thread this year basically cos i missed the first two weeks of the show and have slowly but surely caught up…..somehow I managed to avoid any “spoilers” in that time and not looking at this thread was tough….I will catch up on it later !
My thoughts so far
- all three that have gone so far have been the right ones …..Gregg was just smug and awful, Katie underwhelming and a little unlikeable while Nina was just unfortunate to have two very tough dances which admittedly she didnt perform very well.
Of those left in..i think Tom, Rhys and John will make the final with Tilly or Rose grabbing the one female slot.
AJ is great but somehow i dont see her making the final ( public will vote her out i think ) …the Bodyguard routine was beautiful but she just didnt sell her samba for me.
Sara is doing so well and its great to see one of our NE based own being represented again ..i think a fast latin or Jive will find her out though
I like Dan’s personality but he is definately in the dad dancing category….probably will go in the next couple of weeks.
Ugo and Oti’s partnership is yet to catch fire and i dont see it doing so.
Love Tilly and Rose’s work ethic and ability given they are not dancers…one will makethe final…difficult to split them atm
Judi is a great personality and i love watching her but she has no chance of winning….like Dan will go in next couple of weeks.
Rhys could win if he tones it down a bit…..similar in style to his mate and ex finalist Karim but less smooth so far….neeeds to iron out those rough edges
Tom looking very good….probably is getting advice from McFly drummer and prvious strictly winner Harry…..having Amy as his partner will help of course.
Sorry to see Robert go…..I loved his deadpan-ness
Adam Peaty ? ….the one i cant quite decide on …..great athlete and his tango this week was great….I love watching him and Katya….but too inconsistant so far soprobably wont make it to the final.
John…..now I am gonna be honest and repeat again that I am not a fan of the same sex couples thing….but….WOW !……his partnership with Johannes is amazing and for me he is the one to beat.
One final thing…..i dont think its fair that missing a week thru injury or whatever is fair on the other contestants….if Ugo’s back is causing him problems he shouldnt compete…..the disabled contestants in the past never missed a week iirc ( aside from the table tennis guy who eventually couldnt continue ? )

Looking forward to saturdays show…..although we (ie wife and I ) mosttimes watch it on the sunday .
Similarly looking forward to reading all the comments on this thread so far !
Cheers !

Last edited:
Hi guys,
Im a bit late to the thread this year basically cos i missed the first two weeks of the show and have slowly but surely caught up…..somehow I managed to avoid any “spoilers” in that time and not looking at this thread was tough….I will catch up on it later !
My thoughts so far
- all three that have gone so far have been the right ones …..Gregg was just smug and awful, Katie underwhelming and a little unlikeable while Nina was just unfortunate to have two very tough dances which admittedly she didnt perform very well.
Of those left in..i think Tom, Rhys and John will make the final with Tilly or Rose grabbing the one female slot.
AJ is great but somehow i dont see her making the final ( public will vote her out i think ) …the Bodyguard routine was beautiful but she just didnt sell her samba for me.
Sara is doing so well and its great to see one of our NE based own being represented again ..i think a fast latin or Jive will find her out though
I like Dan’s personality but he is definately in the dad dancing category….probably will go in the next couple of weeks.
Love Tilly and Rose’s work ethic and ability given they are not dancers…one will makethe final…difficult to split them atm
Judi is a great personality and i love watching her but she has no chance of winning….like Dan will go in next couple of weeks.
Rhys could win if he tones it down a bit…..similar in style to his mate and ex finalist Karim but less smooth so far….neeeds to iron out those rough edges
Tom looking very good….probably is getting advice from McFly drummer and prvious strictly winner Harry…..having Amy as his partner will help of course.
Adam Peaty ? ….the one i cant quite decide on …..great athlete and his tango this week was great….I love watching him and Katya….but too inconsistant so far soprobably wont make it to the final.
John…..now I am gonna be honest and repeat again that I am not a fan of the same sex couples thing….but….WOW !……his partnership with Johannes is amazing and for me he is the one to beat.
One final thing…..i dont think its fair that missing a week thru injury or whatever is fair on the other contestants….if Ugo’s back is causing him problems he shouldnt compete…..the disabled contestants in the past never missed a week iirc ( aside from the table tennis guy who eventually couldnt continue ? )

Looking forward to saturdays show…..although we (ie wife and I ) mosttimes watch it on the sunday .
Cheers !
welcome back onboard.

Hi guys,
My thoughts so far

Cheers !
I wish you had put the “Greg was just smug and awful” in REALLY BIG LETTERS!
Right! I’m going to shut up about him.

But can I just say WAHOOOOOOOOO GREG IS GONE!!!!
😂😂

Back