Strictly 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

Fair point, even if you take away the conflict I totally agree with you. Her and Shirley have been very OTT with their marking this year, even Bruno wasn't as bad! Worrying to see the show go down this route tbh, with the sob stories every time someone does a contemporary dance it's at risk of becoming just another reality show.

Judging panel needs to be overhauled - some ex's pro's are going to waste by not being included on the panel.

Motsi and Shirley are previous balloom champions....i agree though.....i think Motsi was OTT. I also think the couples choice section should be binned.....it clearly didnt help Michelle Visage and we only had two Argentine tangos all series ( one of the most popular dances with the public i think ) ....one from someone ( Alex ) who didnt even make the semis
and as for same sex couples ...i really hope that never happens in order to preserve the shows integrity
I think there is definitely an Anton factor but Emma was worthy of her place in the final regardless.

Also wouldn't have Oti down at the best female pro. She's brilliant as indeed they all are but Katya and Dianne are the ones who usually make a silk purse from a pigs ear IMO and both are great to watch.

I don't think there was an actual conflict with Motsi, but it's the appearance of a conflict that can be the issue. Hence why family members/spouses can be kept apart in workplaces. Her scoring all series was a shambles.

Its all about opinions ....i havnt seen enough from Dianne yet to see that shes better than Oti ( although she and Dev should never have been voted off and could have been contenders imo ). i agree that Katya really seems to think outside the box though and is slightly unhinged ...but she is great to watch
I also think Saffy was better overall than Emma and should have made the final. Emma couldnt dance latin

Last edited:

Absolutely agree, myself and Mrs TBM have said the same on numerous occasions. Complete double standards and downright cringeworthy to see Shirley in particular hollering like a teenage girl.
Although I have been thinking similar thoughts about most of the professional female dancers. As long as they are just thoughts and not articulated its fine, isn't it?

All 4 of them have made comments that if aimed at women would be absolutely disgusting. In fact I am sure I heard Kelvin say he was a bit embarrassed about the comments (presumable the ones aimed at his physique rather than his dancing).

Imagine if they went on about Oti's baps!

SCD is a very sexist show. The one thing I don't like about it. Though I am sure Kelvin did well for the most part his whole popularity and success certainly with the judges regarding the favourable comments was directed at his body rather than his dancing skills. The panel has gone through numerous changes in personnel and not one of the people who have ever been a judge would say such things to a woman. Remark on how gorgeous her legs or bum is. Len was too old and too traditional/old school, Craig and Bruno are gay and the others are all women like Darcey, Shirley, Motsi, Alesha and Arlene.

SCD is a very sexist show. The one thing I don't like about it. Though I am sure Kelvin did well for the most part his whole popularity and success certainly with the judges regarding the favourable comments was directed at his body rather than his dancing skills. The panel has gone through numerous changes in personnel and not one of the people who have ever been a judge would say such things to a woman. Remark on how gorgeous her legs or bum is. Len was too old and too traditional/old school, Craig and Bruno are gay and the others are all women like Darcey, Shirley, Motsi, Alesha and Arlene.
I'd shag the arse off Darcey 👍

If there's any justice in the galaxy, Jamie Lang, who Kelvin replaced, should be first on the Strictly Come Dancing 2020 series teamsheet. And he should be given a partner other than Oti. It will be fascinating for viewers to see how he would do compared to her and whether or not he would do better than her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back