Storm Damage Insurance and Custom built quality garden sheds in N.E.

Guitar Man

Midfield
Well i woke up yesterday and found 4 x 40ft Leylandi from the neighbours side had flattened my shed .The shed was custom built by me not the usual B&Q paper thin shite ,so when the insurance get in touch i want a quote for a similar size/ quality shed to be supplied and fitted, roughly 13ft x 8ft So any recommendations ?

I've also read that some insurance firms don't remove the trees just make them safe then replace the shed,If this is the case they will have a job with mine as the trees are right across where it used to be.

Before anyone says the neighbours insurance should sort it out , i've looked on the internet and it looks like we both claim for the individual damage thats in our gardens,
I don't know if this is correct ?, i've still informed mine and sent pics.

One of the trees in our back garden split at the base. Spent a fun hour this morning taking half of it down and sawing it up. It wasn't a very big tree so I didn't need to don a lumberjack shirt or owt like that.

One of the trees in our back garden split at the base. Spent a fun hour this morning taking half of it down and sawing it up. It wasn't a very big tree so I didn't need to don a lumberjack shirt or owt like that.
Big mistake. Lumberjack shirts are essential wear when chopping anything bigger than a side branch from a sapling. Rule of thumb is, can it be cut with secateurs? If not, don the checky clobber.

Big mistake. Lumberjack shirts are essential wear when chopping anything bigger than a side branch from a sapling. Rule of thumb is, can it be cut with secateurs? If not, don the checky clobber.
It's alright Marra, I used to work for a branch (pun intended) of the HSE, so all that safety bollocks doesn't apply to me, being an expert and that
Did you wear high heels, suspenders and a bra?
Always on a Sunday

Disappointed at that outcome to be honest.

Well i woke up yesterday and found 4 x 40ft Leylandi from the neighbours side had flattened my shed .The shed was custom built by me not the usual B&Q paper thin shite ,so when the insurance get in touch i want a quote for a similar size/ quality shed to be supplied and fitted, roughly 13ft x 8ft So any recommendations ?

I've also read that some insurance firms don't remove the trees just make them safe then replace the shed,If this is the case they will have a job with mine as the trees are right across where it used to be.

Before anyone says the neighbours insurance should sort it out , i've looked on the internet and it looks like we both claim for the individual damage thats in our gardens,

I don’t get why people think other peoples insurance covers theirs, yes for liability from a work perspective but not personal insurance.

I got my “shoffice” from Leam Lane Sheds. There’s a shortage of wood and everyone wanted garden offices so there was a 3 month wait. They were good as gold when they finally erected it and replaced (although I had to chase them) a cracked window. I imagine with the storm damage wood will be in even worse supply so you may wait a while for one.

I got my “shoffice” from Leam Lane Sheds. There’s a shortage of wood and everyone wanted garden offices so there was a 3 month wait. They were good as gold when they finally erected it and replaced (although I had to chase them) a cracked window. I imagine with the storm damage wood will be in even worse supply so you may wait a while for one.
Please tell me you’ve just made this “Shoffice” phrase up for a laugh?

Back