Stopping at a red light.

I see traffic jumping lights most days.

Nearly got took out by an artic on the Newcastle Road roundabout between Chester le Street and Birtley last week. I was turning left to go up the A693 and started to pull forward when the lights changed, but a lorry coming up from Blind Lane didn't stop even though his light must have been on red.

Was stopped in the second lane outside the Travelodge/ Chester road junction on Thursday at a red waiting to go straight on toward park lane A huge truck from a Sunderland HGV training school came racing through the inside lane, would have wiped out anything in its way. Even the good lady let out a WFT.

Temporary lights I see it all the time but I also see it on some lights by my house more often.

One way on the lights where I live they have a camera. Catxhes a fair few but the worst is coming from the other junction.. pisses me off no end . We have all done ambers but loads are doing blatent reds

I’m surprised there aren’t more reported by folk using dashcam footage in the same way as cyclists are reporting bad drivers.
No traffic police anymore. 14 years of cuts to police budgets saw to that. If there aren't cameras people can do what they want with no consequences
There are loads of cameras out there

Dashcam cameras are very common

Last edited:

Back