Stokes to Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silly Point

Winger
At last, in the first ODI according to Sky and the Heil. But who should drop out? Harsh on whoever it is. Roy still has credit in the bank after Melbourne so it's between Hales and Bairstow.

I'd drop Hales.

Last edited:

If we're dropping a bowler it would be Willey for me. Don't mind Woakes tbh. Useful with bat and ball.

Willey is handy in the 20/20, can't believe he didn't get an IPL contract, nobody seems to take more wickets in their first over

Some average australian players getting picked up too

Well bowled Chris Woakes.

You've been saving that for weeks though haven't you? Bet you've got a dossier of my quotes saved and put aside just in case I get any prediction or statement wrong :lol:

:lol: not at all.

I’m wrong quite often, I just think woakes gets a lot of undeserved stick

That's a shame, I had hoped maybe you did keep record of my posts - it would've been very flattering..... :(

Anyway, I do think he's a great player, but I was bitterly disappointed with how he performed in the Ashes. I do feel he'd have done better with Stokes bowling too though, perhaps there was too much pressure on Woakes to deliver because Broad and the fourth bowler were so poor.

Glad he's proven me wrong, but felt we should've given someone else a go and sent him home to prepare for the summer. Good job I wasn't picking the squad.

That's a shame, I had hoped maybe you did keep record of my posts - it would've been very flattering..... :(

Anyway, I do think he's a great player, but I was bitterly disappointed with how he performed in the Ashes. I do feel he'd have done better with Stokes bowling too though, perhaps there was too much pressure on Woakes to deliver because Broad and the fourth bowler were so poor.

Glad he's proven me wrong, but felt we should've given someone else a go and sent him home to prepare for the summer. Good job I wasn't picking the squad.
Sorry fella

He was poor in the Ashes. And your points are correct about the lack of support.

He’s obviously a much better player in helpful conditions. And probably not offering enough in Australia where it doesn’t move around.

He’s just an easy target because he doesn’t rant and rave, and people mistake that for weak. His record is generally very good in all formats with bat and ball.

Sorry fella

He was poor in the Ashes. And your points are correct about the lack of support.

He’s obviously a much better player in helpful conditions. And probably not offering enough in Australia where it doesn’t move around.

He’s just an easy target because he doesn’t rant and rave, and people mistake that for weak. His record is generally very good in all formats with bat and ball.

Agree with that.

I don't see him as weak as such, just that he's not as good as Stokes and perhaps when certain elements were comparing the two my feelings towards Woakes are as a result of that.

Agree with that.

I don't see him as weak as such, just that he's not as good as Stokes and perhaps when certain elements were comparing the two my feelings towards Woakes are as a result of that.
I don’t think he is as good either, but his record is actually not that far off.

I wasn’t particularly directing that at you btw

From twitter:

Woakes is the fourth England player to score 1000 runs and take 100 wickets in ODIs. Joining Botham, Flintoff and Collingwood.

I like him and hope he can continue improving in Test cricket, at least at home, can't see him ever doing much away tbh but hope I'm wrong. We certainly need him to fill a massive Jimmy shaped gap sometime in the not too distant future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back