Stokes out of World Cup

The Rat

Striker
Potentially

shame for the lad and for England. Bigger loss in red ball. Maybe that’s an indication we don’t have him for the ashes too

Morgan has plenty of options and I reckon it means Ali and livingstone will play. Which looks strong

feel sorry for Root if he has to go there with no stokes and archer,

we’d have no chance. He was so missed on the last tour there.

Potentially

shame for the lad and for England. Bigger loss in red ball. Maybe that’s an indication we don’t have him for the ashes too

Morgan has plenty of options and I reckon it means Ali and livingstone will play. Which looks strong

Link?

This seems to suggest otherwise: England to make late call on Stokes

Potentially

bizarrely I think this is best for all parties as I think our T20 team will be stronger without him whilst he gets more time to get healthy
Again, link(s)?

Probably the one format where he won’t be a massive miss? (Tin hat on). Be far more concerned if he isn’t available for the ashes tbh.

probs fair to say we have most cover there

I think he raises players around him and he will be a miss in the big moments

it’s a worry like, I kind of thought he’d be back by then.

they say his finger still not right too.

I was making this point to a NZ friend last night, they’ve got a very good team but they don’t play the cricket our lads play, ending up with your best player in this situation shows you ECB got it wrong. NZ players always fresh as they play so little.

Potentially

Livingstone has to play surely I know we have a strong team, but is they a man on the planet in better form and seeing the ball as well as him at the moment.

As for Stokes if available and well would be in my side in every format as simply a big game player and match winner

Last edited:
probs fair to say we have most cover there

I think he raises players around him and he will be a miss in the big moments

it’s a worry like, I kind of thought he’d be back by then.

they say his finger still not right too.

I was making this point to a NZ friend last night, they’ve got a very good team but they don’t play the cricket our lads play, ending up with your best player in this situation shows you ECB got it wrong. NZ players always fresh as they play so little.
Obviosuly would rather him available but top 6 of Roy, Buttler, Malan, Bairstow, Morgan,Livingstone still looks strong for me.

Livingstone has to play surely I know we have a strong team, but is they a man on the planet in better form and seeing the ball as well as him at the moment.

As for Stokes if available and well would be in my side in every format as simply a big game player and match winner

I think he will play aye, I want him and Ali on the side

I’d have Bairstow at 3 and Ali at 4, he’s unreal v the spinners, with Morgan, Livingstone and Curran

to be fair if stokes comes back I’d have him at 3 and they all move down one

great options like. I just wouldn’t play Malan in those conditions. I would in the Oz one
Obviosuly would rather him available but top 6 of Roy, Buttler, Malan, Bairstow, Morgan,Livingstone still looks strong for me.

Ali has to be in middle order for me, nobody better in the world at taking down spinners in that format

I agree with your point though

I think he will play aye, I want him and Ali on the side

I’d have Bairstow at 3 and Ali at 4, he’s unreal v the spinners, with Morgan, Livingstone and Curran

to be fair if stokes comes back I’d have him at 3 and they all move down one

great options like. I just wouldn’t play Malan in those conditions. I would in the Oz one

Ali has to be in middle order for me, nobody better in the world at taking down spinners in that format

I agree with your point though
You then leave Malan out then don’t you. If it’s real turning wickets I wouldn’t be against that but as flashy as Ali can be Malan has far more substance in an England shirt.

You then leave Malan out then don’t you. If it’s real turning wickets I wouldn’t be against that but as flashy as Ali can be Malan has far more substance in an England shirt.

prefer Ali in t20 just don’t think we need malan in those conditions. T20 is so different like. A player who can get 35 off 20 balls v the spinners in the middle overs is invaluable

prefer Ali in t20 just don’t think we need malan in those conditions. T20 is so different like. A player who can get 35 off 20 balls v the spinners in the middle overs is invaluable
You can’t argue with Malans stats and strike rate like, admittedly the big doubt is the conditions as Ali is perfect if it’s big spinning pitches. Will need to see how they end up playing.

Surely Livingstone was in the team anyway?

Buttler
Roy/Bairstow
Malan
Morgan
Stokes
Livingstone
Ali
Woakes
Jordan
Rashid

Back