Stokes Interview

I did it so you don't have to.

It's on ITV Hub and the bit with Stokes is from 1:33 mins in until the end. Fairly interesting about the game but nothing startling.

I nver seen that programme before, it's really the Piers Morgan show and it seems Samantha Reid and the other lass are only there for no particular reason. He's a good interviewer from what I saw but I won't be watching again.

If this is true :-

England bowler James Anderson told the Tailenders podcast: "Talking to Michael Vaughan, who saw him after the game, Stokes went to the umpires and said, 'can you take that four runs off, we don't want it'.

The Stokes has gone even further up in my opinion - a real sportsman.

You're a striker on here and never heard of Adrian Durham? Used to be daily threads on him man.

Oops, I'll have to google him.

Done .... never listened to talksport and it's a long long time since I spent any time on the football boards.

He’s a terrible interview, Stokes. I know he was tired after the World Cup final but he couldn’t even talk. Thought it was coz he was tired but I saw him with Colly days later and he was just as bad.

Cracking knock in the wcf though.

Love his weave anarl.

He is a brilliant lad who me and my son know well to talk with

Saw him at great Lumley post office a few months ago and as always we chatted for a while

Remember his first game for Durham aged circa 19 and also remenber his 21st birthday party in what was Austin’s

He has grown up a lot in the intervening years

Cracking lad

Last edited:
He’s a terrible interview, Stokes. I know he was tired after the World Cup final but he couldn’t even talk. Thought it was coz he was tired but I saw him with Colly days later and he was just as bad.

Cracking knock in the wcf though.

Love his weave anarl.
I don't know. I think he's ok to listen to. Obviously, he has to be uncontroversial and uncomplaining and a TV studio is not his natural territory but I can remember him being a commentator for Sky at a T20 at CLS and I thought he was great, good insight and knowledge etc etc.

I don't know. I think he's ok to listen to. Obviously, he has to be uncontroversial and uncomplaining and a TV studio is not his natural territory but I can remember him being a commentator for Sky at a T20 at CLS and I thought he was great, good insight and knowledge etc etc.
Having written this I feel I’ve been a tad harsh, after everything that’s gone on in his personal life he’s gonna be a bit wary of an interview.
He may get compared to the greatest all rounders like Botham but how many have turned in a motm performance in the final? That shows tremendous strength of character and calmness in a desperate situation.
You can’t be great at everything I guess!
Proud of him!

He is a brilliant lad who me and my son know well to talk with

Saw him at great Lumley post office a few months ago and as always we chatted for a while

Remember his first game for Durham aged circa 19 and also remenber his 21st birthday party in what was Austin’s

He has grown up a lot in the intervening years

Cracking lad

Give it a f***ing rest you embarrassing melt.

#thebairn #iknowtheplayers

Back