Stokes and Hales

The Rat

Striker
Still got arseholes like Newman thinking he should be banned even further, despite missing the whole ashes series, 11 ODIs, losing his vice captaincy, losing numerous sponsors and being found NOT GUILTY in a caught of law

Its an unsavoury incident, we all agree with that, but its well over a year ago, its over, why are they obsessed with bringing this back.

D-day for Ben Stokes: England star to face disciplinary panel | Daily Mail Online

Its laughable this is still going on, if they try and ban them I hope he tries to throw the book at them and not accept it, as I reckon Bayliss and Root might finally be forced to say something

Another box ticking exercise by the dinosaurs at the ECB

Can’t see them getting a ban now.

I still think suspension was right, and as professional sportsman they shouldn’t get themselves in that situation. But time served seems sufficient

Good to hear all the stories at the moment that Stokes is training like a beast

Can’t see them getting a ban now.

I still think suspension was right, and as professional sportsman they shouldn’t get themselves in that situation. But time served seems sufficient

Good to hear all the stories at the moment that Stokes is training like a beast

Yeah, all that is done now, whether we think it was right or wrong. I just have a feeling they will take this seriously.

Still got arseholes like Newman thinking he should be banned even further, despite missing the whole ashes series, 11 ODIs, losing his vice captaincy, losing numerous sponsors and being found NOT GUILTY in a caught of law

Its an unsavoury incident, we all agree with that, but its well over a year ago, its over, why are they obsessed with bringing this back.

D-day for Ben Stokes: England star to face disciplinary panel | Daily Mail Online

Its laughable this is still going on, if they try and ban them I hope he tries to throw the book at them and not accept it, as I reckon Bayliss and Root might finally be forced to say something

Another box ticking exercise by the dinosaurs at the ECB
For some reason Newman has an agenda against Stokes, consistently critical of him in reports and i can't recall any praise.
What exactly is the relevance of a large picture of Stokes' torso to the issue?
Stokes has been found NOT GUILTY in a court of law which reached that decision on far more evidence that Newman is privy to.
Stokes didn't break any curfew by being in a nightclub at 2am. When you haven't finished cricket business until 11pm and then require a meal is it in anyway unreasonable to be socializing at that hour?
Newman criticizes Stokes for not a showing remorse-he doesn't know that.
I'm no way a balanced article so can't be taken seriously.

For some reason Newman has an agenda against Stokes, consistently critical of him in reports and i can't recall any praise.
Stokes has been found NOT GUILTY in a court of law which reached that decision on far more evidence that Newman is privy to.
Stokes didn't break any curfew by being in a nightclub at 2am. When you haven't finished cricket business until 11pm and then require a meal is it in anyway unreasonable to be socializing at that hour?
Newman criticizes Stokes for not a showing remorse-he doesn't know that.Presumably Stokes will have been advised not to speak on the issue until the whole disciplinary issue has been resolved and Newman will be aware of that.

Last edited:
Newman criticizes Stokes for not a showing remorse-he doesn't know that.
Is it unreasonable to be shitfaced when you’re a couple of days away from playing for your country?

Yeah I think it is actually

Stokes will also be charged with misuse of social media presumably his mimicking of Katie Price's disabled son. That certainly looks wholly reprehensible and indefensible.

I think Stokes has been punished enough, not sure about Hales though, he seemed to skirt past the rough stuff with the CPS remarkably.

Somes up my personality that in a perverse way I want Stokes to get a year ban just so I can be pissed off with the ECB for a year

Apologies to some for prolonging the debate but always worth reading Dobell's comment about revelations at the trial. Certainly portrays Stokes in a better light and Hales in a worse one.
Ben Stokes and Alex Hales prepare to revisit events of Bristol as ECB hearing begins

Nothing we didn't know

Dobell has supported Stokes since day one, the only one to do so. Wasn't interesting in grabbing headlines. Him and Atherton the best journos by far

Back