Still Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll give it a look some time. I gave up on this series after the second episode. The six series before the two writers fell out were far superior to the three they've written after kissing and making up.

I'll give it a look some time. I gave up on this series after the second episode. The six series before the two writers fell out were far superior to the three they've written after kissing and making up.

That's true I think. I don't want to say lazy, but there's been a 'that'll do' feel to a lot of the new stuff. They're beyond criticism, certainly up here in Scotland.

I've just watched the last episode again. Seeing them all fading away at the end got me thinking.......did Jack and Victor die on Ben Lomond ?
Just a thought like.

I've just watched the last episode again. Seeing them all fading away at the end got me thinking.......did Jack and Victor die on Ben Lomond ?
Just a thought like.

I don’t think it was meant to be as literal as that - them saying the others would know where they’d gone, and each character shown fading away from Craiglang was just meant to be a metaphor for time and everyone passing away eventually. That’s how I saw it anyway.

I don’t think it was meant to be as literal as that - them saying the others would know where they’d gone, and each character shown fading away from Craiglang was just meant to be a metaphor for time and everyone passing away eventually. That’s how I saw it anyway.
I understand what you're saying, but they did decide to go up knowing that the weather was going to get worse. I took the fade outs to represent the order the characters eventually died, with Isa being last.
Probably over-analysing things a bit too much mind.

I understand what you're saying, but they did decide to go up knowing that the weather was going to get worse. I took the fade outs to represent the order the characters eventually died, with Isa being last.
Probably over-analysing things a bit too much mind.

I think they left it open to interpretation - the weather getting worse may have been another metaphor for them getting older but they were going for it together anyway. I haven’t really liked the last couple of series but thought the way they ended it was good. Older Bobby welcoming the viewers into the future Clansman was well done as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back