Stewart Donald to stay at SAFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly he's correct. I despise the greedy opportunist shitehawks in charge of our club but they will be in charge at the start of the season - no doubt. Our best strategy is to collectively commit to going under new ownership to help hurry new people along.

He’s not like, best budget in the league? We didn’t spend any money in January and minimal last summer, ensuring the squad was poorer than the previous season.
Hopefully a few new faces. Aye, let’s pin our promotion on hope is that all we have keft

He’s not like, best budget in the league? We didn’t spend any money in January and minimal last summer, ensuring the squad was poorer than the previous season.
Hopefully a few new faces. Aye, let’s pin our promotion on hope is that all we have keft
I think he probably means wages. This will be correct. McGeady and Grigg will frustratingly be on big bucks i'd imagine and it will mean we have the biggest budget. Its not something Donald should make a loud noise about and its weird that people back the chairman by stating that fact. We have the biggest budget and finished 7th and neither of the two well payed players mentioned played because they were lazy and shite last season. I'd be making a loud noise if i budget was smaller an we were in the top 6 - doing the opposite just highlights what a bunch of idiots they are.

I think he probably means wages. This will be correct. McGeady and Grigg will frustratingly be on big bucks i'd imagine and it will mean we have the biggest budget. Its not something Donald should make a loud noise about and its weird that people back the chairman by stating that fact. We have the biggest budget and finished 7th and neither of the two well payed players mentioned played because they were lazy and shite last season. I'd be making a loud noise if i budget was smaller an we were in the top 6 - doing the opposite just highlights what a bunch of idiots they are.
Exactly, having the biggest wage bill in the league and finishing 8th isnt exactly a glowing indicator of how they are performing.

I prefer to remain on topic, thanks
Which is what exactly ?
So can anyone tell me what ‘advantage’ there is to this biggest budget ??? It seems to be what’s holding us back as we have too many high paid players and are unable to get others in because of it !! Again WHY does SD and his hoop lickers continue to spew this line out when it is of no benefit to us and certainly doesn’t mean we can spend more than any others ???

Last edited:
Which is what exactly ?
The thread was about the importance of the fans getting Donald to stay on because everything was great. Now after months we've eventually heard from Donald and we've been left in no doubt that he doesn't want to do that.

Given that the OP acts as some sort of self appointed go between, I want to know what the current state of play is.

The thread was about the importance of the fans getting Donald to stay on because everything was great. Now after months we've eventually heard from Donald and we've been left in no doubt that he doesn't want to do that.

Given that the OP acts as some sort of self appointed go between, I want to know what the current state of play is.
And you think the OP has the answer ??? There are a couple of club arse lickers on here who know fuck all but pretend to. Probably know someone in the f***ing canteen man !

It's time to grab the chance and get SD to stay.
He has now steadied our ship, and with PP can start the rebuilding the way he wanted for our club to go.
He needs our total support.
I am not putting a tin hat on cos we are playing proper football, and if Wycombe are the top club we can breeze this league.

I don’t say this lightly, but you are an enemy of this club.

you should also be ashamed for linking a man of decency and talent in Parky to the fool Donald

[QUOTE="@Tin Soldier, post: 32050445, member: 33874"
So can anyone tell me what ‘advantage’ there is to this biggest budget ??? It seems to be what’s holding us back as we have too many high paid players and are unable to get others in because of it !! Again WHY does SD and his hoop lickers continue to spew this line out when it is of no benefit to us and certainly doesn’t mean we can spend more than any others ???
[/QUOTE]

This 100% - incredible that they continue to eulogise about having the "biggest budget in league 1" as if its something to be proud of. In no way is it a good thing. As you say, its a millstone round the clubs neck and as long we continue to pay more for players who dont even play for the club any more, over those who do, we are going nowhere.

If they said we would have the biggest transfer budget than that would be totally different, but its not. I'd imagine our net spend (shit, sounds like a mag phrase) is probably the lowest in league 1.

Last edited:
Thing is SD is still here and likely to be as we start the season, he cant just walk away, so he is going to do his best to keep the club going and has already said we will have the best budget in the League.
We would have been in the play offs for sure had we played on maybe won them.
We go again soon so lets hope a few new faces do the trick
Proof incontrovertible that you’re either working for this shower of shite in some capacity or you’re immensely delusional. If it’s the former you can piss off with them and take know-nowt Berb with you. If it’s the latter I apologise, it must be tough.

There is a very strong correlation between success in football and the biggest wage budget. Typical that we prove to be the exception.

All things are relative. Our budget compared to income for the last two seasons may not have been the biggest in even this tinpot league because the PARACHUTE payments were intended to offset higher wages paid in the PL not subsidise sh*tehawks trying to make a quick buck

[QUOTE="@Tin Soldier, post: 32050445, member: 33874"

This 100% - incredible that they continue to eulogise about having the "biggest budget in league 1" as if its something to be proud of. In no way is it a good thing. As you say, its a millstone round the clubs neck and as long we continue to pay more for players who dont even play for the club any more, over those who do, we are going nowhere.

If they said we would have the biggest transfer budget than that would be totally different, but its not. I'd imagine our net spend (shit, sounds like a mag phrase) is probably the lowest in league 1.
[/QUOTE]
Dare not say biggest transfer budget because that lie can be easily called out ! The other can be grasped by the ‘clever’ lads who ‘always knew what it meant’ even though as you say it’s a hindrance to our future not in any way a benefit

There is a very strong correlation between success in football and the biggest wage budget. Typical that we prove to be the exception.
Sadly this. It should be directly proportional if the football side of the business does their job. Biggest budget should equal first place. Theoretically SDs job is to recruit good people then give them the biggest budget to spend.

And you think the OP has the answer ??? There are a couple of club arse lickers on here who know fuck all but pretend to. Probably know someone in the f***ing canteen man !
No idea mate, he claims he does which is why I'm after an update upon his return. There was a thread a month or two back where he claimed the owners were wanting to draw a line under everything that had happened. I assume that's changed given their approach to the meeting last week, or maybe it hasn't. I'm interested in hearing what he has to say on the subject.

If people could lay off the endless pages of "knaa's" and "knaa's nowt" shit patter we might just find out.

Hopefully a few new faces. Aye, let’s pin our promotion on hope is that all we have left
That's not necessarily true at all. Turn it on its head and think about the tens of millions we've spent over recent years on absolute garbage. I think it's quite possible, with the right manager, to spend less but wisely. It's about having an eye for a player, having a plan in mind as to what you want and persuading the players - free transfers or low budget ones in this cuurrent climate, to come to the SOL.

That's not necessarily true at all. Turn it on its head and think about the tens of millions we've spent over recent years on absolute garbage. I think it's quite possible, with the right manager, to spend less but wisely. It's about having an eye for a player, having a plan in mind as to what you want and persuading the players - free transfers or low budget ones in this cuurrent climate, to come to the SOL.

mateI don’t know one person who thought we had a better squad last year compared to the play off squad.
I can’t argue about the wasted money but that’s not what I’m saying.
As a club we have doubled money since the Keane era with fuck all in return

Last edited:
Having a manager for more than 1/2 seasons as well, as it allows development. Look at Wycombe as fortunate as they were their performance is built on the longest serving manager in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back