Steven fletcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

I couldn’t work out the negativity around him. He was good player for us and scored a lot of goals in the premier league.
He did. For a few months, then the goals dried up and he looked lethargic.

it was partly the way we played him - the difference between his Scotland performances and safc ones at the time was huge.But Scotland had Naismith and someone else making runs past him for Fletch to flick on to. For us he was isolated and ineffective.

He was excellent fir us until he injured his ankle playing for Scotland then was never the same.

Same goes for Kenwyne Jones. Darren Bent was a twat after playing for England. International football has it in for us.

He was excellent fir us until he injured his ankle playing for Scotland then was never the same.

Same goes for Kenwyne Jones. Darren Bent was a twat after playing for England. International football has it in for us.
Was he not called up after a couple of games for Villa. I can`t remember him playing for England when he played for us??

Was he not called up after a couple of games for Villa. I can`t remember him playing for England when he played for us??
He played a couple of World Cup warm up games but didn’t get selected. Capello was then in his ear saying he needed to be at a ‘bigger’ club to get in the team.

He played a couple of World Cup warm up games but didn’t get selected. Capello was then in his ear saying he needed to be at a ‘bigger’ club to get in the team.
I think you`re right. I remember being a bit miffed when I`d heard he`d been called up due to his form for Vila when he`d barely played a game for them. It seemed such a kick in the teeth and suggested that no matter how well you play for us, you won`t get picked for England.

I think you`re right. I remember being a bit miffed when I`d heard he`d been called up due to his form for Vila when he`d barely played a game for them. It seemed such a kick in the teeth and suggested that no matter how well you play for us, you won`t get picked for England.
Same with Colback. Signed for the mags and within a month he was the English version of Pirlo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back