Steve Smith

I'm over all that but frustrated at the apparent lack of any f***ing plan to deal with him. He's a great player but we seem to be particularly bad at dealing with him.

What crap. The lad deserves a second chance, as does everyone in life. They had a very reasonable punishment, and credit to cricket Australia as it was above and beyond the call of duty to ban their best players for such a lengthy period of time - they could have left it to the ICC who would have issued a one test ban each. Everyone in society gets second chances, it’s the spirit in which we live everyday life. Hardly as if we are all perfect either. I’m as gutted as everyone it’s happening against England but he is phenomenal, and gets double credit due to the circumstances in which it’s happened. Sometimes need to give credit where it’s due, as we took plenty from the World Cup win for instance

What crap. The lad deserves a second chance, as does everyone in life. They had a very reasonable punishment, and credit to cricket Australia as it was above and beyond the call of duty to ban their best players for such a lengthy period of time - they could have left it to the ICC who would have issued a one test ban each. Everyone in society gets second chances, it’s the spirit in which we live everyday life. Hardly as if we are all perfect either. I’m as gutted as everyone it’s happening against England but he is phenomenal, and gets double credit due to the circumstances in which it’s happened. Sometimes need to give credit where it’s due, as we took plenty from the World Cup win for instance
What a load of crap...

Sick of the Sky wankathon - he's a cheat who should never have been let back in along with the other 2

Either way he's deservedly getting praise. Two outstanding innings, and will be the sole reason australia win this test, should they go on to do so.

Without shadow of a doubt the best batsman in the world, cheat or not.

Hes paid the price for his past actions.

I think this is where you need genuine pace.
I think Archer bowling at him anywhere between 90 and 95mph has a better chance of exposing that technique than the medium pacers, especially when there's not much happening with the ball.

I think this is where you need genuine pace.
I think Archer bowling at him anywhere between 90 and 95mph has a better chance of exposing that technique than the medium pacers, especially when there's not much happening with the ball.
There's a possible flaw in that, he grew up and plays most of his cricket in Australia - if he's used to playing anything it's speed.

Back