Station ticket office worker dies after being spat on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh I had posted the same story on the Politics board, was meant to post on here.

I don't think they have caught the person, going off the report. I also think it will be hard to prosecute them as well.

That should be manslaughter at the absolute minimum. Scum like that need to be dealt with in the harshest possible way.
I think if they found the person and had some evidence it wasn’t just a coincidence they absolutely would prosecute them for manslaughter. It would be quite hard to prove, though.

She died after being put on a ventilator to treat the virus. I would refuse to go on one no matter how ill I was.

Mechanical ventilation may be causing more damage than expected in those with Covid-19

RIP lovely lady.
Pumping oxygen into lungs that are struggling to reach 30% of capacity

She died after being put on a ventilator to treat the virus. I would refuse to go on one no matter how ill I was.

Mechanical ventilation may be causing more damage than expected in those with Covid-19

RIP lovely lady.

To be fair mind the article itself states that mortality rate if not using the ventilator (on patients who require it) would likely be nearly 100%, so even if it's 60% I'd take it if I needed it. Sounds like they need to look more into the amount of ventilation, rather than whether it should be used at all.

As for the story in the OP, absolutely sickening and just shows that we have an underbelly of utter scum in this country. Sadly most never get caught, and if they do they get lenient sentences and are straight back out. People like this are no good to society. Not sure what we can do to them like but I'd want him spending significant time in jail if caught. That poor woman and her family :cry:

To be fair mind the article itself states that mortality rate if not using the ventilator (on patients who require it) would likely be nearly 100%, so even if it's 60% I'd take it if I needed it. Sounds like they need to look more into the amount of ventilation, rather than whether it should be used at all.

As for the story in the OP, absolutely sickening and just shows that we have an underbelly of utter scum in this country. Sadly most never get caught, and if they do they get lenient sentences and are straight back out. People like this are no good to society. Not sure what we can do to them like but I'd want him spending significant time in jail if caught. That poor woman and her family :cry:
Thanks for pointing that out mate. I didn't get the time to read the full article.

Just seen this and it's made me f***ing angry as hell. If they catch the bastard he should be tired for murder the utter twat.

Last edited:
If they knew that had the virus before spitting it should be murder.

Manslaughter implies he didn't try to infect him.
They'll argue it can't be proved. Spitting at people is deplorable at the best of times.
It'll happen thousands of times, attacks like this are commonplace. Disgusting.

They'll argue it can't be proved. Spitting at people is deplorable at the best of times.
If this was my mother, daughter etc and they found him I think I'd do time. Daughter wants to be a nurse and things like this just dont bare thinking about.

It just breaks my heart this kind of story. The poor woman was in a frontline position where she put herself in danger every day, and couldn't do anything about the scum who assaulted her, who will have known she had no way of hiding or avoiding him and exploited the situation.

I don't care if it can't be proven he is the reason she caught coronavirus and died, his threat and admission should be treated as evidence enough

It's absolutely disgusting. I've been punched, kicked, verbally abused and headbutted at work but the only time I've had to stop myself from retaliating had been when I've been spat, it's the lowest of the low.
Hope they do find him charge and sentence the person responsible. Battery should be the absolute minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back